dragon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
hi again I really must stop watching CY'S corner , this week she did a intarsia dragon and this is my next project. I did not realize that there where so many small pieces ,which , may prove to be very problematic for me with a pair of hands like a blind cobblers thumb and riddled with arthritis, but i will persevere . Just finished two plaques one of a shar pei and a the other of a bear, and a separate one for a very good friend of and Akita - I will put the picture on as and when I can get them uploaded. whoopeee . The bottom picture taken on Friday night is all the parts laid out and the second is the first fix last night, I am using panga panda for the body ,tulip wood for wings and orange , black, red and green corian, for various its to offset the dark wood - which is all I had hanging around - . the last plaque is of a border collie it is one of Alex foxes patterns but there is one large mistake but one would have to see the pattern to notice it..

John

pain is the best attention getter

Attachments

• IMG_0166 (Custom) (2).JPG
    IMG_0166 (Custom) (2).JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_0167 (Custom) (2).JPG
    IMG_0167 (Custom) (2).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 804
hi Aes I am experiencing major problems trying to upload a post since 10 am today but will get there een I have to walk it to the head office.the problem is uploading photos.

john

Or is your upload too big John? The limit for this site is only 256 kb.

Personally when uploading to this site I use the built-in MS "picture manager" that came with the Win 7 OS/Word/Excel, etc, package to downsize pix from their typically 2 to 4 Mb to the above 256 limit. It may not be the quickest/best way to do it (it probably isn't knowing my PC "skills", but it does work).

HTH

AES

hi got it sorted there is a picture resizer on windows 10 I had to keep resizing it till I go he right one ended up 300 x 300 from 1200 x 1200

You have been busy. Lots of good work there. The dragon looks cool. I like dragons.

With the picture resizing I usually email the photo to myself and you can choose the file size to send it in the mail. Then I save the email photo to use on the forums.

The file size allowed on here is very very low and it does effect the resolution a lot. Can understand why they limit the size though as some modern cameras can have huge data in one single photo.

Lots of stuff there John, busy indeed. I also like the dragon (AND the "dozy-looking" bulldog)!

Silversam, you wrote, QUOTE: With the picture resizing I usually email the photo to myself and you can choose the file size to send it in the mail. Then I save the email photo to use on the forums. UNQUOTE:

That's a good idea, I never thought of that, thanks.

AES

hi AES the dozy looking bulldog is supposed to be a shia pai, I hope the person who I made it for thinks it look's like what she ordered . I hope the lady I made it for doent think that.

thank's
John

just as an after thought can anyone please tell / show me how to make this picture into a better one for a scroll saw plaque as I have never done anything like this before it will be a surprise gift for someone . thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Capture weimaraner line art (Custom).JPG
    Capture weimaraner line art (Custom).JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 717
Sorry about the "dozy bulldog" John! I'm no expert on dogs and hadn't even heard of that breed before. I'm sure the customer will love it.

Re "working" on that picture (above) I THINK you can work with some software such as Photoshop or Corel Draw, but personally I don't know how. But if you search the Scroll Saw section there was a post some time back by member Claymore (Brian). He hasn't been on the Forum for a while because his wife died suddenly late last year/early this. But before then he was very active here and had a lot of knowledge on the subject. He did a lot of lovely Intarsia work as well as "shadow pictures" like yours.

HTH

AES

A P.S. to the above John: I thought I had book marked Claymore's post on using software to "rework" pictures for scrolling, but I've just had a look at my book marks and it seems I did not book mark it. So you'll have to do a search for posts by Claymore, sorry.

AES

thanks for that I did not realize he had lost his wife I wondered why he was not on the forum much.

thanks
John

just found a program free called inkscape so I am going to have a go at revamping the sketch I am rubbish at free hand drawing magic at engineering drawing

John

Yup inkscape rings a faint bell in my memory. I THINK that may be what Claymore suggested. I have never done anything like that before (still struggling with sketchup - I don't use it enough to be anything like proficient). MS Word is about my limit.

AES

AES

[attachment=0]IMG_0170 this is a continuation of the dragon I got fed up of chasing bits around so finished and glued up as I went along

Attachments

• IMG_0170 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0170 (Custom).JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 351
hi dragon is all finished except for a white dot in the eye varnishing and backing, hope you like it my does and has claimed it for herself.

John

Attachments

• IMG_0171 (Custom) (2) (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0171 (Custom) (2) (Custom).JPG
    23 KB · Views: 337
hi here is the dragon finished it looks better in real life , Today I received the extra plywood to finish the clock so hope fully I will get a picture on here before long.

John

Attachments

• IMG_0179 (Large) (Large).JPG
    IMG_0179 (Large) (Large).JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 325
hi again this has nothing to do with the dragon ,it is a pattern from sue Mey hope you like it

john

Attachments

• IMG_0180 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0180 (Large).JPG
    247 KB · Views: 305
Back