Drafts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(same place its always been) Just compose a new post wherever you like and when the page opens your drafts can be loaded from below the paragraph...

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 18.07.41.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 18.07.41.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 18.07.41.png
    175 KB · Views: 661
I have the opposite problem, I've never saved drafts but now almost every post gets saved.

And could I put in a request for bigger and bolder print on the poster's names?
its so small and grey under the heading that I have to move right up to the screen to see whos posting.
I can read the post from my normal distance, so its not my eyesight thats changed.

Sorry Nev
I was putting a Woodrat up for sale,, wrote some of it out and then realised I had not decreased the size of my pics So---- I saved my draft, and now can't find it . Tried you method and no joy
Timber

sunnybob":29p57z4f said:
I have the opposite problem, I've never saved drafts but now almost every post gets saved.

And could I put in a request for bigger and bolder print on the poster's names?
its so small and grey under the heading that I have to move right up to the screen to see whos posting.
I can read the post from my normal distance, so its not my eyesight thats changed.

All joking aside Bob, going by this and some previous comments by yourself I really think your monitor needs adjusting/renewing or your eyes need checking over. Without my specs I need 6ft long arms to read the screen clearly but its perfectly legible with them on.

timber":3grvqbu4 said:
Sorry Nev
I was putting a Woodrat up for sale,, wrote some of it out and then realised I had not decreased the size of my pics So---- I saved my draft, and now can't find it . Tried you method and no joy
Timber
If you saved the draft it should be there.
1. go to the for sale forum
2. start a new post
3. scroll down the page a bit and you should see the load draft button where the save draft button was.
when you click the Load Draft button it should list the drafted posts at the top of the page.

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 18.44.34.png

4. click the one you want to load
5. it should then be there in the paragraph to continue editing etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 18.44.34.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 18.44.34.png
    599.2 KB · Views: 640
Still no joy All I get is save draft preview and submit, Can't see any buttons on the left side. Hence last post Try anything once
I will have to type it all out again and I think it will be the last time I will use this site to Sell all my stuff off
However Nev I do know you try to help so Thanks anyway
Timber

Nev,
This isnt the only forum I use, and nothing has changed on the others. i never had a problem on this forum untill I came back from holiday and found everything changed.

The name of the poster is about half the size of the subject text, and its definitely greyer than the subject text.

even the background white isnt white any more, its closer to cream making less of a contrast.

I agree with you that the posters name is a bit washed out and not that clear, and of course the format has changed, but the general paragraph text is (now) a solid black on a white background and is easily and clearly legible, as are the big blue buttons with white labels to submit and save draft etc, admittedly in a different order to before but still clearly legible.
I am genuinely not trying to defend the forum layout or prove a point and seriously believe that if you are having issues with the clarity of the display (not just the layout) then there is an issue at your end, either browser /pc settings, monitor or eyes. If you have the same issue on more than one PC please seriously consider an eye test. Again , I'm not trying to be clever or funny but it is more than legible at my end and cannot understand the issues you are having.

p.s. shifting this over to General Chat (off topic) cos its nowt to do with with General Woodworking.

Hi Nev
It looks as if I clicked on "save draft " and it did not save it !!!??? That is why I could not find it Will have another go today

I know this all happened while I was away so i dont know any reasons for the changes made.
I must admit I had no problem with the old format, apart from the very restrictive picture size.
This appears to be the only thing that has not changed.

timber":3k7n5n81 said:
Hi Nev
It looks as if I clicked on "save draft " and it did not save it !!!??? That is why I could not find it Will have another go today

You know that after you click "save draft" there is a "yes" "no" screen you need to confirm on?

Hi
Brandlin
I know now,,,,, but as it did not save it even though I clicked "save Draft " the "yes no" was not there.
It maybe my P.C. Win 7 is playing up

Back