Dislikes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff_S

Established Member
Reaction score
I just accidentally found my full profile and on it I have been registered for 5 dislikes! I cannot think for the life of me what I would have said to obtain these 5 dislikes. Is there any way of finding out?

I've just found 4 of them they're OK, that was me being stupid! But where's the other 1 lurking?

I've been given one. No idea who from - perhaps the person could send me a pm. Are they being given flippantly by a moron? I can't see the point of this option.

John

Geoff_S":16t038ym said:
I just accidentally found my full profile and on it I have been registered for 5 dislikes! I cannot think for the life of me what I would have said to obtain these 5 dislikes. Is there any way of finding out?

Where do you find that Geoff?

have been in my profile and no sign of any reference to dislikes. If I haven't got one, I want one now. :lol:

Lons":377xyoo1 said:
Geoff_S":377xyoo1 said:

Where do you find that Geoff?

have been in my profile and no sign of any reference to dislikes. If I haven't got one, I want one now. :lol:

Anything to oblige :D

It's mad. Why don't we just have a like and thankyou button instead? Some things I 'like' fair enough since the site update, good jokes, humorous posts, someone's nice bit of work etc etc. But because I post a fair few 'Help I'm f****ed' posts I miss the chance to thank people who give me good advice and take the time to reply to my idiotic questions. I know its only a click thankyou button but it makes me feel like I'm actually thanking someone for taking the time to put a little effort into helping me out. I appreciate the advice I get on here and I'd like to at least feel I was saying 'Cheers. Much appreciated, thanks for taking the time out of your day.' What we have with 'dislike'is facebook generation options. It's just a negative option. Serves no purpose. If you disagree with what someone is saying that's fine. Elucidate your reply and be prepared to answer as an adult. All this 'Dislike'. Stop. It's nasty and serves no purpose.
"Raaaahhhh! Angry Face!" (Rant Over)
Cheers now
Chris

This subject has been raised at least twice since the site update, but so far nothing has been done - I guess that Charley (and the Mods?) have other higher priorities.

That's fair enough, but another thing I "Dislike"(!) is that although there has usually been very prompt response from "the Authority/ies" when someone raises a specific problem, more often than not when a "more general point" about the new site is raised (such as this one) there is no reaction at all. That's a pity IMO, and also, as I've suggested before in another post, it is (again IMO)one of the main reasons why there were so many "extreme" reactions when the site change first occurred ("overnight, no prior warning").

P.S. I also "Dislike" the "Dislike" !!!!!

AES

WHAT ??????

We're going to have to actually let people know when we dislike what they say now! No more sneaking in through the back door unnoticed.

I still don't know who, what or why that one outstanding dislike was left for me. :cry: And it's still on my profile. It's like a scar!

I was mortified to discover from my profile that I have (accidentally) 'disliked' someone - quite possibly one of you lot! I can only apologise :)

I do subscribe to forum where this type of feature was used successfully to sanction - and sometimes ban- people who were making a nuisance of themselves, but given the participants in this forum are pretty much without exception helpful and friendly I think we can do with out this feature.

Latest posts

Back