Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By Honest John
Once or twice in the past I have noticed posts that I have made have disappeared. The most recent one was in the tool forum when the op was asking if anyone had a Record Power 12inch sander, and what did they think of it. This is still a current post. I replied to this question as I have one of these and I like mine, although I am aware others have had some problems. Anyway, I posted a reply and observed my post was added to the thread. A few days later, I returned to the thread to see what had been added, and noticed that my post was no longer there. I have noticed this has happened on a very few occasions before. Am I doing something wrong ? My submission was definitely on the thread when I switched off that first evening.
By CHJ
There are no records in the logs of you making a post in the thread, the only posts you have made and registered in the forum database in the time period are:-
Ashampoo_Snap_2017.10.21_21h31m07s_004_.jpg

You aren't by any chance clicking the Preview button in mistake for the Post button, easily done if posting from small screen 'phone or tablet.
By Honest John
Interesting thought. Fat fingers, ageing eyesight and an iPad don’t always work well. I thought I had seen the confirmation message saying the post was successful, but clearly this cannot have been so, as your reply shows. Must be my finger trouble. Thank you for your prompt reply.
By sunnybob
I have lost several posts in the past. One only last week.

My only thought is that after hitting post, when the "post succesfull" page comes up, I sometimes go straight on to the unread posts rather than waiting to actually see the thread appear.

Its too random for me to have any other theory.
By Lons
sunnybob wrote:I have lost several posts in the past. One only last week.

My only thought is that after hitting post, when the "post succesfull" page comes up, I sometimes go straight on to the unread posts rather than waiting to actually see the thread appear.

Its too random for me to have any other theory.

I've done that a number of times as well so wonder if it's an explanation. What I do these days is copy the text in my post before pressing the submit button so I can easily redo it if it disappears.
By AndyT
If someone else posts while you were composing your reply, when you submit yours, instead of the usual confirmation you get shown their post, in case you want to change yours in the light of what they wrote.
If you close or move away without waiting for that, your post won't be published.
By sunnybob
I've had the "new post" page several times, That always appears BEFORE the "successful post" page, so I can read it, and either add or delete to my post.
Whatever the answer is, thats not it, at least for me.