Damp-proofing and preperation for my garage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson1984

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so, i've been in the garage for the last couple of days painting away with the sandex and it's coming along.

Now, i've posted a couple of threads and will be getting the electrics done in the next couple of weeks, but i'm still a little unsure as to what to do from there.

The roof DEFINITELY needs insulating but it's a flat roof and i've no idea what's above so do I need to insulated between the rafters and then insulate OVER the rafters and then plasterboard the whole lot, leaving a gap between the insulation between the rafters and the plywood of the roof structure? If that's the case, I should be able to do that myself really.

Point 2

Walls, the outer wall is single skin and of course allowing alot of heat out. I am still consdering insulating the wall but then the other wall is joined to the house and how warm do I really need it all to be!! So after looking it looks as though insulated plasterboard would do the job if I were to do it. But do I need damp-proofing prior to this?

Point 3

Floor. The floor is just a concrete slab. I want to use tiles to finish it all off, do I need to insulate first? or do I need to put a damproof membrane or anything?

Help. Wanting to do as much myself as possible but don't want to end up with a damp cold room and no money!

Back