Dado's the Safer Way

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Finished another plane - this time a Dado Plane.
Made from Goncalo Alves, it was made by my usual lamination method. Went a bit OTT on the brass knob for the depth stop..... :lol:
DSCF7026.jpg

DSCF7029.jpg

And because I know you lot like shavings.......
DSCF7037.jpg

I also made a small video of the plane in action. It is terrible - I hope to get better! :roll: :lol: Here's the link
Right click on the link and download it - then watch it from the safety of your own PC
Cheers
Philly :D

...and The Brush in action as well, what more could we ask for ;)
Very nice

Will there be a step by step on Philsville ?
Cheers Mike

tiler99":1c29nbym said:
Drop the cheesy music

I like the cheesy music! makes it feel like a LN video :wink: :lol:

lovely plane Phil and superb in action. I like the video, nice and short, but conatins enough for me to want one of those planes. When do you start taking orders? :wink:

tiler99":17dogeyx said:
Drop the cheesy music
Funny, I have this sudden desire for a mild cigar... :-k

Proper job there, Phil - might want to work on your batten (MDF?! Well at least you're not making the planes out of the stuff any more :wink: ) Skewed one up next no doubt? :D

Cheers, Alf

Excellent Philly. Especially the absence of commercials. :lol:

After the dado comes the dovetail plane .... yes?

You have made some grand planes to date. This is certainly another.

(... and No, I'm sticking to furniture building at present).

Regards from Perth

Derek

Tony":1upl1dc8 said:
taking orders? :wink:

i second that, im after one of phillys drawer groove planes :D

awsome plane philly

Thank you, thank you! :D
Glad the awful video was well received - tool twenty times longer to edit it than to shoot......... :roll:
If anyone wants a plane made drop me a PM and we can talk favours...... :wink:
Cheers
P.s. Al - did you mean skew dado plane or skew batten?? :lol: Plane is skewed 15 degrees.

Great plane and video, Philly, thanks. Only thing I'd change is the screws to hold down the batten, but they work, each to his own.

Thanks Pam!
The screws (and mdf batten) were quickly put into action to try out the plane. The dado cut in the video was the second one that plane had cut! :D
Cheers

Philly":226sadz8 said:
Plane is skewed 15 degrees.
Gads; is it? Looked at it a dozen times and came to the conclusion it wasn't #-o Probably my senses are numbed from extensive exposure to parrot singing... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Back