If you had written in your first post the steps you had already taken and the conclusion you've come to I would not have spent any time searching for possible sources and I suspect some others might not have either. Maybe if you have been good Santa will put them under the tree for you.
Golly! Sorry to have offended you; unintended.
I'm genuinely exploring the options and all the posts have been helpful in that. I hadn't looked at water jet, but now have (as a consequence of this thread) - and it's expensive.
- I'd like to do this as inexpensively as possible because, well, because.
- I tried laser cutting. It produced a technical issue, although I'm not sure whether this is a feature of lasering meltable material or poor operation
- CNC is expensive
- I have researched (following this thread) 3d printing (£1 for 8cc seems the best I can find so quite costly) and water jet (expensive)
- The ready made options are frustrating as they either have bores too wide or limited size range or cost ten quid a go.
- I can cut wood ones, but they need to be modulus 3 and up really and it makes it very big.
Sometimes on things you don't know about, someone has a great tip or insight, or a website that is perfect but is on page 20+ of the search results.
On your post specifically I have not come across Alibaba before ... and have now raised a query. It's rather a daunting site though!
Thanks again for your help.