Custom wood burning stamp search

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ_79

Reaction score
Good morning all :) I am looking for a uk supplier of wood burning stamps that would fit a soldering iron. I am after a simple design to stamp my hardwood projects. Has anyone had one made/use one and could point me in the right direction? All online searching returns overseas sellers or branding irons that wouldn't be out of place on a Texas cattle wranch!
Thanks all

Ian Houghton of Chalco Stamp and die. Lovely bloke, incredibly talented. Check him out on instagram (chalco_stamp).

I made one, not for soldering iron you have to heat it with a blowtorch but works well. I wanted a rustic look.
Used 20 mm brass rod and just a dremel to grind away, drilled and tapped the end for some threaded rod and locknut, wasn't too difficult.

I was rather pleased with my first effort until I realised I hadn't reversed the image #-o :lol: bottom pic.

Attachments

• logo,oops.JPG
    logo,oops.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 439
  • logo 1.JPG
    logo 1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 438
  • logo 2.JPG
    logo 2.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 439
Lons":2654hmbf said:
I made one, not for soldering iron you have to heat it with a blowtorch but works well. I wanted a rustic look.
Used 20 mm brass rod and just a dremel to grind away, drilled and tapped the end for some threaded rod and locknut, wasn't too difficult.

I was rather pleased with my first effort until I realised I hadn't reversed the image #-o :lol: bottom pic.

Looks great, I`m after a simple acorn outline stamp but not sure my skills stretch that far.

TFrench":17pzok80 said:
Ian Houghton of Chalco Stamp and die. Lovely bloke, incredibly talented. Check him out on instagram (chalco_stamp).
Thanks ill drop him an email.

TJ_79":366o94ks said:
I`m after a simple acorn outline stamp but not sure my skills stretch that far.

If you have a dremel or similar it really is very simple as brass grinds easily even with cheap burrs, worth a go if you can get your hands on a bit of brass rod, it wouldn't be any good if you do want a soldering iron type.

TJ_79":16kgnj4c said:
TFrench":16kgnj4c said:
Thanks ill drop him an email.

It'd be interested to know approximate costs if you'd be willing to share, just to get an idea of what to expect.

Latest posts

Back