Current favorite water based kitchen cabinet paint.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what water based paints those in the know are using for finishing kitchen cabinet doors. The doors are poplar with a centre mdf panel and I intend to spray doors and drawers, but will most likely have to hand paint the frames as these are fixed to the carcasses and I don't fancy spraying indoors.

Looking for a nice gray colour.

Thanks

I've not done a kitchen in it but all the interior woodwork in our home is done with the Wickes Trade Truewhite system.

I'm very impressed with it though I did find adding a bit of Owatrol Floetrol to the top coat helped to get a nice smooth result.

The one and only time I have used an eggshell I have been quite disappointed with the resistance to scuffing and knocks so I don't think I would use that again.

EDIT: oops your after a grey colour, serves me right for not reading the OP properly!!

Bedec Multi Suface Paint. It's brilliant. Can't fault it (other than wishing there more colours in the range). Flexible, microporous, extremely hardy. Try it. Nobody who uses Bedec ever has anything but the highest praise in my experience.

MikeG.":2istif0y said:
Bedec Multi Suface Paint. It's brilliant. Can't fault it (other than wishing there more colours in the range). Flexible, microporous, extremely hardy. Try it. Nobody who uses Bedec ever has anything but the highest praise in my experience.
The white barn paint they make is awful compared with the white msp. Every other barn colour and every other msp I've tried have been excellent. I guess the choice of colours would be the only limiting factor.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back