Cross-cut sled, different way to make it.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niki

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day

I would like to share with you my way of making and setting cross-cut sled and its fence.
My table saw is EB PK255 with one narrow miter slots but for the majority that have them, I'm showing the method with miter slots (I'm using two guide rails, one from each side of the table, plus the narrow miter slot).

Once you adjust the "Vertical board", you can keep it to make other sleds if and when needed.

Please go to this post to see the new method

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/crosscut-sled-my-way.18879/
Regards
niki

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Brad

I think that even if the slots are not square to the table edge it will work, that's the reason that I'm checking and shimming the so called "vertical board" (in the 2nd picture) to make it square to the slots before screwing it to the sled.

niki

Niki":2n92xzjz said:
Thank you Brad

I think that even if the slots are not square to the table edge it will work, that's the reason that I'm checking and shimming the so called "vertical board" (in the 2nd picture) to make it square to the slots before screwing it to the sled.

niki

Sorry, I have to admit to replying, after only skimming your post. I was exhausted after the hammering I took from many of the members on the issue of dado cutters. :?

Brad

Hi brad

We all have our moments, don't we.
How many times I was asking myself "why did I open the frig" :?

niki

Back