colt 45

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi again, I got a colt 45 pattern From Charles dearing and cut out on 3 mm plywood and what a mess I made of it , to much detail, unless one cuts it to 29 + inches like Charles did, I cut another one out of a pattern I found on some site, and burnt the detail in the wood out of 3/4 inch pitch pine, still not happy , as the burn marks are too hit and miss with the grain of the wood - burn marks don't show in some of the wide pieces in the grain wont accept the heat just skates over the top - will cut it down to half the thickness and dolly it up but I feel it will not be what I want. So last night I sat and traced the pattern onto a clean sheet of paper - first time I have had a go at this - minus the detail and decided it will be and intarsia piece instead I will add WIP photos as I go if it works out it will wing its way to my mate in Australia.

take care
John

Is that a Colt 45 revolver?
or a Colt 45ACP pistol?
or a can of quite nasty beer?
People need to know.... (hammer) #-o :D :D

it was / is a colt revolver not sure which model or if it is a colt for that matter, but will put image on later when I start then let the fun begin deciding which one it is,

take care
John

the colt will look something like this, I am using corian, stuff that I have lying around from other projects, this is the pattern, I have already marked the pattern and have got the handle parts glued on to the corian ready to cut later on today, maybe depends on the weather its dam cold in the garage where I work no heating, the handle is going to be white the barrels grey and other bits - if I have enough grey - failing that it could be psychedelic, the bar between the barrels could be black also the sight, trigger and hammer will be black the bit where the bullets go not sure yet see I know sod all about guns. I have got this far over the last few nights this is up to tonight

John

Attachments

• IMG_0269.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 700
  • IMG_0272.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 500
  • IMG_0276.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 501
I used to own a couple of colt 45ACP pistols, wonderful pieces of machinery. And I knew a man who had a golden one. It had been completely plated in real gold. It still worked, but it was a bit poomfy for my taste. :lol: :lol:

Make sure you post pics if you ever get it finished. 8)

this is an update on how far I have got so far, the handle is white corian and glued up the other parts are shaped and ready to glue up and are grey corian , the cylinder and the piece between the barrels will unfortunately have to be made of wood ran out of the grey.

have a merry Christmas and a happy, safe and prosperous new year

John

Attachments

• IMG_0272.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 587
hi again well, I finally got the colt finished, seems like it has taken since forever, any comments welcome good or bad. This is bound once again to Australia to my mate. There are two notches in the handle, for his two children and , four straight cuts in the base of the handle for his grand children. Sure hope he likes it.

take care
John

Attachments

• IMG_0278.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 442
Back