UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting that Brian. As you say, it sounds like a LOT of work, but obviously in a case like this, that logo and lettering are all-important to the look of the final job.

Having seen so much of your work here in the past, I'm sure this will be up to your usual standard of the highest excellence - I must say though that bearing in mind your medical problems, I find all your work not only "gob-smackingly" good but also prime examples of sheer patience and perseverance.

Hats off to you Sir!

(And no, before you ask, I haven't got much further with "your" aeroplane, but to be fair, I have been diverted off on to other "SWMBO projects - like painting the bedrooms - 'onest injuns).

Great stuff

AES

Thanks Brian,
I know I am going to like this project. Thanks for the explanation/WIP.
Did you consider waterslide decal paper for the lettering.
I did a pen with a waterslide decal and you could feel the decal sitting on the wood. I gave it 2 coats of Melamine Lacquer, dipping it in a tube then hanging to dry, wicking the lacquer off as the lacquer dried. It worked very well and I reckon with another 2 coats it would have been perfect ??

Don W

Hi Brian sounds like a case of heads down and back sides up ,look forward to seeing it finished, one of my next projects it to make a couple of scrimpers tables and a Charles Dearing plaque of a revolver once again to go to Australia just in case you missed my last post both the intarsia cat and the dragonfly both made it to my mate and his Daughter in Aussie, I am at present finishing up my present project the border collie and waiting for a part for my Record power bs 300 band saw then I have some boxes to make , all out of the pine I got given that should take me up to the middle of July along with revamping my shop / garage before the winter comes along. I have never been more please buying a piece of equipment but I am ecstatic with my trade es 30, thanks for the input on this.

Take care
John

Back