• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clear out 3 of 3 - Leigh D-1258R-24 Dovetail Jig - SOLD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pulleyt

Established Member
Reaction score
This is now sold. 28-8-2018

Back in the early nineties I bought this Leigh dovetail jig thinking I was going to use it to complete the drawers for the kitchen I made. Well I never got around to making them and made do with the stop-gap drawers for over twenty years! How family and friends laughed when they asked if I'd finished the drawers yet :(
Anyway, we had a new kitchen fitted six years ago and since I've returned to woodworking I've discovered Domino joinery so realistically I'm unlikely to batch out drawers or anything else with the jig and I'd like to reclaim the shelf space it takes up at the moment. So I'd like to find an appreciative user for the jig, complete manual and the few sundries I got for it. I've had a tentative play only and never used it in anger so it won't have any worn parts!
Leigh_01.jpg

It comes with the two cutters below:
Leigh_02.jpg

There are additional stops for the rails, although I believe Leigh now supply something better than these plastic stops, and the Leigh guide bush - part no 711C. (I also bought the guide bush adapter to fit an ELU 177E router if that is needed).
Leigh_03.jpg

I think it is possible to upgrade the basic jig to bring it up to 'modern standards' so I'm only looking for £90. I'd be worried about sending it with a delivery service as I don't have any of the original packaging and it will need very careful packaging with a lot of protection for the fingers unless I dismantle the jig. So collection from South Nottingham preferred. Again, I can deliver to a 20 mile radius for a £5 contribution towards the petrol.

If there aren't any local takers I'll be in touch ScaredyCat. (Sorry tsb, ScaredyCat was very quick on the button).
Thanks, Trevor

Back