Cleaning up a corner drill brace

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizz

Reaction score
During cleaning up this corner drill brace I saw no mark, and in the joint I missed a bolt. However, the big problem was the main handle, the red paint still has to be moved, is this drying crack to glue?It must be placed mutually all together ...
Thank you for your advice.
-C:\Users\Xeon\Pictures\2018-08-02\

Hopefully the photos are successful and clear.
Greetings

Attachments

• 001Verkleining.jpg
    001Verkleining.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 562
  • 002 Verkleining.jpg
    002 Verkleining.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 562
With the crack in the pad, I would probably have left it alone. But it's too late for that now and presumably you want it to look new. You could carefully saw the sides of the crack to get flat surfaces. Then cut a slice of similar wood with the grain orientation running the same way. Glue it in and trim back when the glue has set. Sand or scrape off the red paint. Stain or dye the pad and the new wood to match.

Hello Gizz,
Your drill brace appears to be missing the centre part of the universal joint or have you left it out of the photo?
I've attached a photo of my Amidon & White D/B and can give more details if you require. Who was yours made by?
Cheers,
Geoff.

Attachments

• Amidon uni-joint 001.png
    Amidon uni-joint 001.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 470
Thanks for your contribution, I must say it is very similar. During the removal of the rust, I do not have any number or name, reference to the maker.
Still a riddle? The previous picture was indeed so spaced apart, but now you see the joint with one missing bolt ... Furthermore, I have to polish and finish the main head (pat). Thank you Andy
Would be nice to know the maker ....
Greetings

Attachments

• 001Verkleining.jpg
    001Verkleining.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 426
  • 003.JPG Verkleing.jpg
    003.JPG Verkleing.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 426
  • 005.JPG Verkleining.jpg
    005.JPG Verkleining.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 426