chuck jaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommo 62

Established Member
Reaction score
I am sure this question must have been asked in the past but I don't have time to search as the Wife is about to buy my xmas present.
so if I buy a nova supernova2 chuck will the jaws from a patriot chuck fit onto it to allow me other turning options ?

tommo

Sorry mate but instead of posting here (and hoping someone will know) why don't you just ask the manufacturer of the nova supernova2 chuck?

Are the carriers interchangeable as well or is it just the jaws bolted to the carriers?

Thanks for the reply guys. I have decided to go with the Patriot chuck after all.
Its in santas sack I hope.

tommo

Robbo3, the carriers on all these chucks do not wind fully out like the Axminster chucks do, without some further disassembly, so I’m not completely sure whether they would interchange, but I suspect not. I just change the jaws if I need to.

Honest John":27ti6zoo said:
Robbo3, the carriers on all these chucks do not wind fully out like the Axminster chucks do, without some further disassembly, so I’m not completely sure whether they would interchange, but I suspect not. I just change the jaws if I need to.
By disassembly do you mean removing a roll pin - normally to prevent carrier 4 from disengaging from the scroll? IIRC the backplate has to be removed to get to the underside of the roll pin to push it out rather than risk damaging it by using pliers.

I only asked if the carriers are interchangeable to clarify the situation for other owners.

Thanks.

Back