Chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought some chisels from a tool shop that was closing down last week,all are used decent quality (for me)Marples ,however one of the mortice chisels has the name palm tree stamped into the blade.I have never heard of this name before ,can anyone tell me the maker ,just out of curiosity.
I also got 2 dewalt 2.0 AH 14.4 batteries for 8 quid each ,very handy as mine are not holding their charge very long and the drill was gonna get chucked in the loft .

Shamrocks, thistles and onions, yes. Palm trees? I've not a clue. Having said which, there's a nagging voice saying that maybe it's not as new to me as I first thought. Hopefully someone else will know, but I'll have a think about it. :-k

Cheers, Alf

I f my memory serves me correctly, back in the 1950's I seem to remember the palm insignia being on tools that were around at that time.
Who the manufacturer was I cannot recall.

Why not ask the shop where you bought them?

I'm pretty sure the company is Mawhood, whose manufacturing premises were the Palm Tree Works in Sheffield. Unfortunately, I know no more than that.

Pete

Thanks lads as i said i was just curious.The shop has now closed down,they were actually emptying the shop into a large van while i was there.

Back