Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By MikeJhn
This is the note on my e-bay account:

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

This user is no longer registered on eBay."

Canceled the transaction on PayPal.

Mike
By MikeJhn
The strange thing to my mind is what the poster hoped to achieve with the posting? perhaps testing the water, but it did say he had sold over 150 of them.

Mike
By Rorschach
Genuine mistake or a con, never know with these things but with paypal protection its always worth a punt. I have bought dozens of things like this at silly prices, in almost every case I never got the item but I always got my money back. I lucked out once though, bought an item worth well over £100 for £10, and it turned up!
By manxnorton
Hi all,
Followed this thread for ages.
As you know my brain suffers to try and work out things :oops: .
I look at the Brosche gfk600, second hand...but missed out.
so the day bit the bullet, if I don't i'll be humming and harring for ever.
Bought a 101748G Katsu Wood Trimmer Router 700W 110V.
TBH it'll do me (for the mo) :lol:
Thanks.
Bri
By manxnorton
manxnorton wrote:Hi all,
Thanks.
Bri

:oops:
Bit of a 'Brian strike again!'
I only ordered the 110v version :oops:
But Aim tool were great....
They are going to replace it for the 240v one, and same time pick up the old one.
Cant be happier TBH. =D>
Read the whole advert Brian! before making a decision #-o
I'm a nightmare tbh. :lol:
Bri
By manxnorton
manxnorton wrote:
manxnorton wrote:Hi all,
Thanks.
Bri[/quote

:oops:
Bit of a 'Brian strike again!'
I only ordered the 110v version :oops:
But Aim tool were great....
They are going to replace it for the 240v one, and same time pick up the old one.
Cant be happier TBH. =D>
Read the whole advert Brian! before making a decision #-o
I'm a nightmare tbh. :lol:
Bri

As luck has it, Aim Tools were great and quick turn around.
Taking the bubble wrap was harder than using the tool....one handed #-o
So far no probs using it (round over bit & Roman ogee).
But as one of the reviews on YouTube the bloody lead gets in the way.
Bri
By Rorschach
Yes the cable can be annoying, even more so when you add a vacuum hose too. I am thinking of installing a ceiling mounted extension reel for using tools like this. They seem awfully pricey though so might have to just install a hook in the ceiling instead.
By Nelsun
My cheap and nasty solution is twinslot and accompanying dividers fixed to the roof at various places. Quick and easy to move around :)Image
By Bm101
Just wondering aloud while taking a break from re-routing the workbench top :oops:
Rorschach wrote:Yes the cable can be annoying, even more so when you add a vacuum hose too. I am thinking of installing a ceiling mounted extension reel for using tools like this. They seem awfully pricey though so might have to just install a hook in the ceiling instead.

In my head I've sometimes wondered about suspending a tight wire (fencing wire/pliers and tensioner) between two eyes along the length of your bench etc. Then suspend a cable in series of sliding loops using cable ties etc. The plug hangs at a height that keeps your tool cord above you. Might have to mess about with tool cables etc. Same for the vac hose just less loops.
Probably best I finish the bench first lol. (hammer)

(Bri... if you connect to a single cable extension (ie with just one connection available) you might find it easier to throw it over your shoulder to keep it out the way?)

Speaking of which... back to it.
By Bm101
Orrrrrr.... you could do Nelsun's better tried and tested version lol. I type very slowly!
=D>