Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By monkeybiter
phil p wrote:Just took the plunge aswell (no pun intended)

Thought for 30 quid delivered it's worth a go as I don't think I can justify the price of a more expensive one as I just dabble here and there so I don't think it well get used that often, could be useful tool though.

Regards
Phil

Would you mind checking the actual collet sizes delivered please, if it's 1/4" rather than the 6mm advertised then I'm getting one too. :)
By Geordie Joe
monkeybiter wrote:
phil p wrote:Just took the plunge aswell (no pun intended)

Thought for 30 quid delivered it's worth a go as I don't think I can justify the price of a more expensive one as I just dabble here and there so I don't think it well get used that often, could be useful tool though.

Regards
Phil

Would you mind checking the actual collet sizes delivered please, if it's 1/4" rather than the 6mm advertised then I'm getting one too. :)

It says 1/4" on the box and the three 1/4" bits that I have fit it.
By Wizard9999
Walney Col wrote:
Geordie Joe wrote:Are the bases interchangeable?...

...I've never tried swapping the bases over but I'll try it tomorrow and report back.

Col.

Any news on interchangeability?

Terry.
By Wizard9999
Geordie Joe wrote:
MikeJhn wrote:Link to the full kit: http://www.aimtools.co.uk/101749-katsu- ... -700w.html ordered about 10 mins ago, will let everyone know when it arrives.

Mike

What do you get with the full kit?

Unless I am missing something, the full kit is the trimmer, plunge base and tilt base for £83.99

But buying the three items separately it only comes to £60.58.

No answer from Mike yet, though I see he is posting on other threads. Maybe his avatar is what he was doing when he read your post pointing out the set is more than the sum of the parts :lol:

Terry.
By olddogsleeping
curtisrider wrote:Just get this collet kit when you order?

http://www.aimtools.co.uk/3pcs-set-trimmer-collet-chuck.html

Are you sure those collets fit ?
I've been trying to source a 6mm collet for my katsu, but I thought those were for the plastic bodied makita copy. In the genuine makita models the collets are not compatible.
By Geordie Joe
Wizard9999 wrote:
Geordie Joe wrote:
MikeJhn wrote:Link to the full kit: http://www.aimtools.co.uk/101749-katsu- ... -700w.html ordered about 10 mins ago, will let everyone know when it arrives.

Mike

What do you get with the full kit?

Unless I am missing something, the full kit is the trimmer, plunge base and tilt base for £83.99

But buying the three items separately it only comes to £60.58.

No answer from Mike yet, though I see he is posting on other threads. Maybe his avatar is what he was doing when he read your post pointing out the set is more than the sum of the parts :lol:

Terry.

Could be, but I was hoping he'd say the set contains something really useful that isn't mentioned in the description or in the photo.
By part_time_cowboy
Geordie Joe wrote:Could be, but I was hoping he'd say the set contains something really useful that isn't mentioned in the description or in the photo.

I got the set from Aim Tools in May. It is exactly as you expected, the trimmer, fixed base, tilt base and plunge base. Nothing extra that you can't see in the photos.
By MikeJhn
Double post for some reason?

Mike
Last edited by MikeJhn on 27 Oct 2016, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
By MikeJhn
Only just got the notification of the continuing post's, but as said above you get what is in the description nothing more, nothing less.

Mike
By memzey
Seems strange that the package deal would cost more than the separates. Am I missing something?
By MikeJhn
Yes the three items do not include the motor.

Mike