Carving Pedestal and Easel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybiter

Established Member
Reaction score
With work and a seemingly interminable Winter it's taken me an age to take advantage of the space cleared for me in the garage by SWMBO.
Finally got this built to a point where it's usable, there will be more to do to it but I'll let usage dictate the changes and/or additions.
A basic pedestal type square 'bench' bolted to the concrete floor. There is an approximate 3" overhang on the top for clamping.
DSC_0209.jpg

The 'easel' is made from C16 and positions from 90 degrees to 0 degrees. The ply face slides up and down the easel frame and is pegged in position with 16mm dowels, as are the wedged work clamps.
DSC_0213.jpg

Now I've got no excuse for inaction.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC_0209.jpg
    DSC_0209.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 647
  • DSC_0213.jpg
    DSC_0213.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 647
Love the work-in-progress carved jacket! In Venice a few years ago I saw a couple of shops featuring work like this, with realistic life-sized carvings of every day objects (a coat hanging over the back of a chair, umbrellas in a stand, coats hanging on coat hooks, and so on. It was fantastic work.

MikeG.":2eyw2gpn said:
Love the work-in-progress carved jacket! In Venice a few years ago I saw a couple of shops featuring work like this, with realistic life-sized carvings of every day objects (a coat hanging over the back of a chair, umbrellas in a stand, coats hanging on coat hooks, and so on. It was fantastic work.
Thanks for the compliment.
It was Livio di Marchi in Venice who was my inspiration to start carving. When I revisited three or four years later I had more of an eye for the details and was a little disappointed in the finish carving.

Latest posts

Back