Can anyone ID this Startrite Bandsaw - NEW PICS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Startrite Bandsaw.JPG

I have just brought it but don't collect it til next week. I should have noted the model when I viewed it but didn't like a t**t.

I know its startrite, green, is a bandsaw (hammer) and runs on 240v

Thank you.

Attachments

• Startrite Bandsaw.JPG
    Startrite Bandsaw.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 2,860
I've had a look to see if I could find anything in my list of machines, but can't find anything at the moment.
I know there's a Startrite SP147 or SP147S model that takes a 95" blade and I think that it was a 3 wheeled bandsaw but not 100% sure.

If you know the blade length, then I might be able to find out the model from the blade length as I've got a list of bandsaws with blade sizes.

If I manage to find anything, I will let you know!

Because of the 3 wheels, you have to use a thinner blade than standard blades which is something to remember when looking for blades.

Ian

Thanks both and Iajon thats for the heads up on blade thickness. I may have to contact Tuff Saws when I know more about the machine, Now I have a M42 blade on current machine I just can't live without one ;).

I know nothing about the machine currently. I visited the place to view a wall saw and spend most of my time looking around that and looking for a sticker on a dust extractor. The purchase of the bandsaw was only going to happen if I didn't buy the wall saw so a quick look around it was all I did. I get it Monday so ill have a good look for a model number and measure the blade.

Well after looking at the machine and googling somewhat I am still stumped. Its not a 240v model though as the motor says its a 400-440v

Here are the pictures of anything I could find.

The serial is A1932

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 2,533
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 2,536
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 2,540
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 2,536
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2,532
Do you know the blade length that it takes? Only I've got a list of blade sizes for machines and might be able to narrow it down from there.

Ian

Just caught up on the other thread about the motor and noticed that you've put the blade size down as around 95" - the only Startrite machine that I've got listed using this size is the SP147 or SP147S.
I haven't got any pictures, so not 100% sure that it's one of those but I can't find any other models that take that size blade.

Ian

Back