CA glue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used it as a finish for pen turning, although at present I use an alternative method.

I always use a drop to hold a guitar nut in place, or to 'tighten' a fret that might be a bit sloppy. Also use it with baking soda to rebuild nut slots)

Often use it on very small bits of automata, when I don't have the patience to wait for the PVA to dry.

Never tried it with a spray kicker though.

I've used it for mitre joints on kitchen cornice and pelmets, fabulous stuff with the activator. Sets solid in seconds but keep your fingers clear.

Daily use. Mitre fix, used on skirting and cornice. And occasionally on deep flesh cuts (to stop 'staining' customers new furniture!).
Also repairs to mistakes. But don't tell anyone.
Why do you ask?

Gonna take this opportunity to ask if anyone else uses a little CA glue, with activator, intermittently, with pva ( not mixed together, or overlapped) to try and achieve a fast setting but strong glued joint? Have tried this once or twice on edge to edge panel joining. With little success. But I kinda think it should work. The idea being to use the fast acting superglue to hold it all together whilst the stronger pva sets.
Or prolly just me.......

I use it for:

- Finishing on pens
- Filling micro cracks on turned pieces when mixed with very fine dust from the same piece
- Securing jig fixtures made of metal into wooden holes like T-nuts
- allied to above the same for metal components in turned jobs like parts to lamps, candlestick brass inserts etc
- fixing anything (small pieces) of fabric to wood
- mending broken ceramics round the house
- repairing Georgian bars that have come adrift from windows
- repairing the grass collector on my tractor, which breaks about every 4 years or so
- securing screws into wooden holes for screw chucks to stop them turning
- and about a million other things, in particular where the two components are made from different materials and I want the set to be fast.

Super Glue is to CA what Hoover is to vacuum cleaner. Ie. a brand name that is often mistakenly used to describe the generic product. Think I'll go and lie down - that was too intellectual for me. (hammer)

Back