Bypassing NVR Switch on Chip Extractor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Evenin'

I'd like to fit a remote start on my chip extractor but it's got an NVR switch. Is there a (safe) way to bypass it so it can be started with one of the plug in remote jobbies?

Cheers

Tom
I've done this with mine - its straight-forward to do.
1: make sure you've un-plugged the sucker!!!
2: remove frontplate from NVR box and un-wire the three wires FROM the motor.
3: connect these to a length of cable with a suitable connector block.
4: plug this cable into the remote adaptor.

Bingo!

With the NVR box left in-situ you can convert the machine back whenever you wish.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

that'll do it, cheers Philly. Keep an eye out on the news for 'Slap Head Back Whinger Frazzels Himself (again)" ;)

wizer":3ivuq35h said:
that'll do it, cheers Philly. Keep an eye out on the news for 'Slap Head Back Whinger Frazzels Himself (again)" ;)

:lol: Now that made me laugh.

I am thinking of doing the same on my ADE1200, I have the Camvac 386 on a remote switch but didn't bother with the 1200 due to the NVR. Its on a (very long) list of things to do when I have 5 minutes.

Cheers, Ed

I've done this on both mine Tom, in order to move the NVR switches near the machines. If you're around between now and Sat pop over and I'll run you through it- it's dead easy.

As you had some difficulty with the dimmer switch i would advise taking a picture of the set up so that we can advise on the most straight forward and tidy method to join it through.

RogerS":358jnvo9 said:
There is an even easier way with minimal fuss. The green button will have two wires coming into it. Simply leave them where they are and just add a wire between the two.

But it will never turn off then!! :roll:

Bob

9fingers":3mhdcu77 said:
RogerS":3mhdcu77 said:
There is an even easier way with minimal fuss. The green button will have two wires coming into it. Simply leave them where they are and just add a wire between the two.

Bob

Yes it will if it's driven from a remote controlled switch which is what I thought the OP was after?

RogerS":2twtotss said:
9fingers":2twtotss said:
RogerS":2twtotss said:

Bob

Yes it will if it's driven from a remote controlled switch which is what I thought the OP was after?

Apologies - :oops: I misinterpreted your suggestion as wiring the remote switch across the start button.

However many low end NVR's these days have a mechanical start button directly action on the solenoid armature. - nasty but cheap!

Bob

PS hope you are making sawdust with your D*D* by now!

Electrocuted2.JPG

I take it its pretty easy to remove the NVR completely and wire up a plug for use on my Router table?

Chems
Yes it is i did this myself switch from SIP extractor used on home made norm type router table.Usually crimp type 'luca' (car wiring )connections.

Right, taking OLD's advice I'm posting some pics on here to make sure I don't frazzle myself. (mind you that might do some good on my back ?)

DSC_1485.JPG

DSC_1484.JPG

There are 2 red wires, 1 brown, 1 blue and an earth that just loops back on itself. The wires are very short and as I pulled the NVR up the 2 red wires just slipped out of their crimps.

What now batman?

Back