Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Noel, Charley, CHJ

By DrDerrick
Why are there minimum post requirements to buy and sell stuff? I expect there are lots of woodworkers that have good stuff to sell - or want to buy - but, for all sorts of reasons, aren't very active on the rest of the forums.
By marcros
It is 20 posts for sales. The sales forum is to help members get rid of things that they no longer want. Anybody with less than this is hardly even a member of the forum are they? It protects the membership from people joining up to either just save eBay fees, or buggering off with peoples money, never to be heard from again. There are no restrictions on buying, but you need 3 posts to use the PM system.
By nev
As Marcros says the For sale forum is for active members not a free advertising spot for anyone and everyone.
Consider the 20 post count similar to the feedback rating on eBay.
I'd rather deal with someone who has a history of helpfulness and genuine interest in woodworking and the forum rather than new member 'DodgyRon' selling his pre-owned Fistool planner and rooter - no boxes, for 50 quid, cash only and can meet you at Heston services.

edit: Personally I think it should be at least a 50 post count to prevent the the 20 one word 'nice' , 'excellent', 'great' etc posts to random subjects in order to get the post count up. (Which by the way will be deleted)
By MrTeroo
nev wrote:
Personally I think it should be at least a 50 post count to prevent the the 20 one word 'nice' , 'excellent', 'great' etc posts to random subjects in order to get the post count up. (Which by the way will be deleted)

Fantastic!
:)
By lurker
MrTeroo wrote:
nev wrote:
Personally I think it should be at least a 50 post count to prevent the the 20 one word 'nice' , 'excellent', 'great' etc posts to random subjects in order to get the post count up. (Which by the way will be deleted)

Fantastic!
:)

+2