Bushes for Makita / Katsu trim router.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakmitre

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Makita RT0700 and a Katsu equivalent.

Just thought I would post in case anyone was looking for a 30mm bush for this setup.

https://www.mtmc.co.uk/Product.aspx?Pro ... rch&PPGR=0

Trend 30mm bush - fits the Katsu plunge and Makita plunge / trim base, but *NOT* the Katsu trim base due to the lack of a ledge to hold the bush. Just under 6mm deep so great for 6mm mdf templates.

a base plate adaptor is required to fit the bush to the plunge bases - its included in the Silverline kit below.

I also have a set of the Silverline imperial brass bushes - far too deep - I cut them down to 5.5 mm, again for 6mm mdf templates.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Here's a photo of the 30mm trend bush fitted to the Makita plunge base.

Attachments

• 30mmBush.jpg
    30mmBush.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,245
oakmitre":2zj5xtlj said:
Trend 30mm bush - fits the Katsu plunge and Makita plunge / trim base, but *NOT* the Katsu trim base due to the lack of a ledge to hold the bush.

[Sarcasm mode on]
Surely not! After all, they are made in the same factory! :)
[Sarcasm mode off]

Good info though, I was going to buy some bushings for mine.

How is the Katsu base preventing the bush from being used? Could it be modified easily?

It's missing the ledge. I suppose you could put a piece of thin sheet material between the polymer base and the metal frame, but the bush would need a small collar to make it poke out flush.

Or you could route your own base plate, however it would have to be fairly stiff material.

Katsu on the left, Makita on the right.

Attachments

• katsuMakitaBase.jpg
    katsuMakitaBase.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,154
  • 19mmBush.jpg
    19mmBush.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,152
Ahh I see, thank you for the pictures. Is that ledge attached to the main base, or just the removable plate on the bottom? If it's just the plate then I assume one could simply buy a makita spare of this part?

It's part of the base which I assume is some kind of ( possibly glass reinforced ) delrin.

I've fitted the Makita base plate to the Katsu trim base using the Katsu screws. All seems to fit well.

I've then fitted the 30mm Trend bush. You do need a piece of something rubbery - or a rubber glove to twist the bush on the outside to release the ring. Trying to loosen the ring from the inside is very difficult.

Please note the Silverline bush thread is courser the Trend bush thread, so the locking rings are no interchangeable.

Sorry the images are out of order.

Attachments

• bareBases.jpg
    bareBases.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,112
  • katsuMakikaBaseFittedBottom.jpg
    katsuMakikaBaseFittedBottom.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,113
  • katsuMakikaBaseFittedBushBottom.jpg
    katsuMakikaBaseFittedBushBottom.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,112
  • katsuMakikaBaseFittedBushSide.jpg
    katsuMakikaBaseFittedBushSide.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,111
  • katsuMakikaBaseFittedSide.jpg
    katsuMakikaBaseFittedSide.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,109
  • silverLineVsTrendBushThread.jpg
    silverLineVsTrendBushThread.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,108
Awesome thank you, something to bear in mind.

Don't let Bodger see those pics though, they look to similar :wink:

Ha!

I see it is a different aluminium casting for starters. (Final picture). The mold on the right has production codes (I am guessing that's the Makita) the one on the left doesn't. Plus the finishing is completely different on the non machined areas. Also the left casting is poorly finished around the bottom inside edge. Right one has been properly machined.

Lots of little differences in the depth and sizes of the relief areas.

Different casting, different processes I think.

Bodgers":1og0ezdj said:
Ha!

I see it is a different aluminium casting for starters. (Final picture). The mold on the right has production codes (I am guessing that's the Makita) the one on the left doesn't. Plus the finishing is completely different on the non machined areas. Also the left casting is poorly finished around the bottom inside edge. Right one has been properly machined.

book your tickets to china and find out once and for all

Alexfn":pib4akxp said:
Bodgers":pib4akxp said:
Ha!

book your tickets to china and find out once and for all
No need :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Back