Bosch POF 1400 ACE mounting in a router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heronviewer

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Bosch POF 1400 ACE and want to mount it under a home made router table. I've found several youtube videos about it but they all show mounting it using the guide rods in home made clamps or just clamping it, again using home made clamps.
I wondered if it could be mounted by removing the plastic base plate and using those screw holes to mount it ? They don't look very heavy screws, so I wondered if that would be OK - has anyone done it ?

Robert.

I have the exact same router and a home made table. I took off the base and used countersunk bolts and nuts through two of the existing holes. Countersink is on the table side which I then overlaid with thin ply to give a smooth top.

Hi Robert

I’ve just checked my router and I misremembered how I fixed it. I actually used 2 of the existing threaded holes in the base to accept bolts to secure it to the table base. So no nuts. I figured that I wouldn’t need more than 2 and it is certainly very stable. I also took the springs out of the plunge columns to make height adjustment easier.

Hi,
I'm considering buying this router as it seems to offer great value for money. At some point I would want to build a router table for it, I just have a few queries about its compatibility for table mounting:

To my knowledge, the on/off is a dead man's switch. What's the trick to making this work and semi-safe in a table set up?

Is there any facility for tool adjustment from the base of the router (so you can adjust it from on top of the table)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Anna :)

I used a zip tie to keep the router switch permanently depressed, ie on. I then routed the supply cable via a NVR switch which I mounted on the front edge of the table, so easily accessible.

I can change bits from the top of the table, but I haven’t done anything to enable adjustments to the router height from the top. I have toyed with the idea of installing some kind of jack arrangement underneath to enable precise height adjustment but tbh I don’t use the table often enough to justify this. So I just release the plunge lock and nudge the body of the router to the desired height.

I have this router and also use the same trick of a plastic tie to keep the switch on (there seems to be no other way). In terms of adjusting the router height from the top of the table, I have been unable to find a solution to this so far. Would welcome any idea or tips on how to do this

Back