Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

 Reply
By Garno
#1305692
4 weeks ago our Bosch 32R lawnmower decided it no longer wanted to be a lawnmower as it preferred the notion of being a piece of junk instead. It had a good, albeit short, life whilst with us, just a gnats gonads short of three years.

Sadness fell upon the Garno household, quickly followed by dread on my part when it became apparent that the only way to get our grass cut would be to suggest to Mrs Garno she would have to do it with scissors.

Before suggesting this to her I decided to check when the warranty expired, Well our luck was very much in as we still had 5, yes 5, days left. We contacted Bosch and they arranged for collection the next day. All went well with the collection and the delivery, but then Bosch decided not to bother telling anything. We still had heard nothing by Friday just gone so we contacted them again and were told it was on the bench being repaired.

On Monday we received an Email from Bosch saying in this instance they will not be repairing but will replace it with a new mower of the same spec or they will upgrade it, all stock dependent.

Well today our new Mower arrived, they have upgraded it to the 34R YAHAAY!!!! :D :D

I started to assemble the mower and have terrible news to share with you all.
The back wheels are missing :shock:
So contacted Bosch and spoke with Phil, very nice chap and he has ordered some for us, only thing is they will take about a week or so to get delivered. I swear if the grass gets any longer we will bump into Dr Livingston :(
User avatar
By doctor Bob
#1305698
As a side note re: Dr Livingston, my new dog is called Dr Watson, the amount of people which say "arrhhh Dr Watson I presume?" is ridiculous, I should correct them but I don't. :D
By lurker
#1305708
doctor Bob wrote:As a side note re: Dr Livingston, my new dog is called Dr Watson, the amount of people which say "arrhhh Dr Watson I presume?" is ridiculous, I should correct them but I don't. :D


Elementary error, Bob
User avatar
By Trainee neophyte
#1305754
doctor Bob wrote:As a side note re: Dr Livingston, my new dog is called Dr Watson, the amount of people which say "arrhhh Dr Watson I presume?" is ridiculous, I should correct them but I don't. :D


Would that be "The Dog That Didn't Bark?"
By Jonathan S
#1305787
Gosh you must have a different guarantees to us here in Spain!
We purchased a bosh blender, the spindle in the bowl that held the blade failed on the first use, took it back to be told the guarantee only covers the motor, Bosch customers service was unhelpful, told us we had to deal with the seller.

I vowed never to buy Bosch again!

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
User avatar
By Trainee neophyte
#1305863
Jonathan S wrote:Gosh you must have a different guarantees to us here in Spain!
We purchased a bosh blender, the spindle in the bowl that held the blade failed on the first use, took it back to be told the guarantee only covers the motor, Bosch customers service was unhelpful, told us we had to deal with the seller.

I vowed never to buy Bosch again!

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk


Greece has a much easier system - if you used it, it's your own fault. "It broke? What do you want me to do about it?". I bought a pressure washer recently, in a sealed box never opened - manufacturer warranty etc. Hyundai is the marque. The instructions, screws, and spray gun were missing, so unusable. My fault for buying it, apparently - I should have known better. If I chose to shout, rant, throw things, and generally cause havoc in the shop, I might get somewhere. Luckily my old, failed unit had matching gun, so easier to let things lie.

Makes internet shopping more reasonable - mostly they take things back without too much grumbling.
User avatar
By marcros
#1305930
Trainee neophyte wrote: Makes internet shopping more reasonable - mostly they take things back without too much grumbling.


Thanks to EU laws.
By Dibs-h
#1305931
marcros wrote:
Trainee neophyte wrote: Makes internet shopping more reasonable - mostly they take things back without too much grumbling.


Thanks to EU laws.


Oh no - you can't say that! :shock: :lol: :lol: