Bog oak coffee table (Finished.....photo heavy).

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MikeG.":djrmbgom said:
Hmmmm........there's no gold leaf on the table. I wonder what you are referring to.
Think that's way back on page 1 Mike. Bottom of the earring box I made for the Mrs for Christmas posted as a suggestion for copper leaf.
It's got bog oak in it too by chance.
And oak burl. And maple. And London plane.
Bit busy tbh for my taste but it kind of evolved as it went. She seemed happy and I learnt a bit so all's well.
Rather than post images there's a link so I don't clutter your proper woodwork thread with my clutching of straws. That way people don't have to look. #-o
https://imgur.com/a/oodjOSa

Bill Bryson reckoned Aluminium was properly pronounced the American way. Aloominum. That was it. Aloominum. After that you had to bow to originals.
But not burr. Fair enough. Learnt summat new again.
Making mistakes. It's one of my vises.
:wink:

Bm101":1grw13b5 said:

If that last word was deliberate and ironic BM it was very clever. Otherwise another US... ism :wink: :)

That's how he earned a "like" from me....the assumption that he was being deliberate and ironic. If he wasn't, then I'm now just plugging his co-ordinates into my space-based nuclear weapon system.

MikeG.":1lrm7yaj said:
That's how he earned a "like" from me....the assumption that he was being deliberate and ironic. If he wasn't, then I'm now just plugging his co-ordinates into my space-based nuclear weapon system.
Sh*t
Just realised I need to proof read everything I write from now on. You have my address also. #-o

Did I tell you that pen has an inbuilt remote controlled explosive device and I still have the remote? :wink:

Don't worry, your malevolent overlord can be munificent in his generosity, particularly in response to the showering of gifts. You've earned the right to use a couple of Americanisms before feeling the might of my righteous and mighty wrath.

:lol: :lol:

Lons":ervvjm38 said:
Bm101":ervvjm38 said:

If that last word was deliberate and ironic BM it was very clever. Otherwise another US... ism :wink: :)
Your have two make you're owned mined up on that won Lons.
:-"

Bm101":bmsj5yd4 said:
Your have two make you're owned mined up on that won Lons.
:-"
I'll be watching the news tonight for reports of a large nuclear explosion in the Herts area.
I'm safe as there is a deterrent sitting on Mikes' desk.

PS. Are you a Geordie in exile? I know a few not too far from here who write exactly like that. :lol:

Back