bluebosch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodywoodwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all. I am a fitter/joiner in the m25area, and have been lurking round here for some time, laughing at sharpening threads and 'banter'. I hope to be able to add to the fun, but wouldn't kid myself that I will add more than I take.

I do have a query to start with. I have had some problems contacting Bosch customer services. Does anyone have contact details (Email)? I have filled out two of their online query forms on their own site, days ago, and have had nothing back.

Thanks folks, and hope to speak (?) soon.

Woody

Thanks NN. I did see the Facebook page, but thought they may have a regular email address. I will borrow my daughters fb identity and send a message.
Again, thankyou for letting me know.

woodywoodwood":53x525p1 said:
Thanks NN. I did see the Facebook page, but thought they may have a regular email address. I will borrow my daughters fb identity and send a message.
I’m finding many companies - though not all - respond faster to twitter messages these days than emails. Worth setting up an account just for that.

P

petermillard":3s4ldlv3 said:
woodywoodwood":3s4ldlv3 said:
I’m finding many companies - though not all - respond faster to twitter messages these days than emails. Worth setting up an account just for that.

P

The cynic in me suspects that is because a post to twitter is seen by far more people than an email!

I think you're the chap I have to thank for introducing me too 600mm LED panels so, erm, Thanks

I am finding this all quite frustrating. I have been watching the forum, using the forum, for a long time. I really didn't want my first post to be a rant. Maybe a sharpening revelation, or a gloat. But having been 'accidentally' sent a return, from Bosch, with parts missing I am now unable to contact them.
I have used Facebook, email, their own site contact form, even joined Bosch owners community. Not a sniff of a response.

I have never tweeted. Who would have thought that now, at my time of life, I am so helpless I have to 'tweet'! :wink:

Thanks folks. ](*,)

I have tried. I was on hold for quite a long time before giving up. I really wanted a written correspondence with them as the details are important.
Have now tweeted too. Never done it before, so not sure I did it right!
I have had a lot of blue Bosch tools over the years; their SDS corded drills were unparalleled, and the new cordless range is good too. Most of the 10.8v tools I own have been auction wins, and I have been fortunate. This is the first 10.8v tool I have gone retail for and it has been a big old nightmare! I am a Bosch fan, but it seems the service does not match the quality of the tools. It really is laughable- I half expect to be told I have got all the addresses etc wrong!
I will cease whingeing now and post once more with a positive or negative result.
NN - thankyou for taking the time to offer your advice. It is appreciated. All the best one and all.
Woody

I've never tried their service but some of their products are really c**p. As in most businesses I think there is a battle between the engineers and the accountants, the engineers wish to make decent products and the accountants are there as agents of Satan. I'm sorry if any accountants are on the sight but you know it's true!

You're right, Ross.
I was just reading about brand loyalty. I think if I saw a tradesman turn up with all Bosch, or all dewalt for that matter, I would question his knowledge of tools. I know opinions differ, but there can be no doubt some brands make better particular tools than others. I think most would agree that for heavy use, a hilti drill is unbeatable.
I think it is naughty to practically eliminate customer service to save money. I am not the only one experiencing problems with them at present.
I remember when........... :roll:

Where did you buy the tool from and have you contacted them? First port of call is always the retailer!

Mike

Have contacted the retailer, who I know well, and he is on the case too. I believe what he has told me. So we have both contacted Bosch. I would have accepted an apology no problem. But I do object to being ignored.
I have tried to be fair, and I do know its not a big deal, but it doesn't appear to be an isolated incident. We'll see. I hope they get in touch. If they do I will make the same effort to report on that as I did to puppy about it so far!!!

I purchased online, but through a retailer I know personally. Normal consumer law applies?

Thanks

WWW, I am confused as to why you are trying to take on the big Bosch machine instead of letting the retailer do this. I've had problems with tools from other manufacturers, but I always returned then to the retailer for a refund or replacement and let the retailer resolve the issue with the manufacturer. Only once has a retailer told me that I had to take it up with the manufacturer as he was out of it as soon as the transaction was complete. When I told him I am sure my attorney will think differently, he agreed "just this once" to exchange my faulty €850 drill for another. I never did business with that vendor again.

I read your thread on the Bosch forum, and wish the best for you, but I would focus my efforts on the retailer and take the silence from Bosch as an indicator of your potential success. Some dragons are not worth slaying.

To be honest if I was Bosch I probably would be ignoring you as well, your contract is with the retailer and it is them you should be pursuing, don't let them fob you off with the often used excuse "Bosch have not come back to me yet" this is nonsense, your response to that sort of answer should be "Why is that my problem" your consumer rights are with the retailer. Tell them to either replace or refund, its really that simple.

Mike

You are both right to an extent guys. The retailer has contacted them too. My gripe is that I have had nothing from them, neither has he. The reason I joined the Bosch forum was to try a different avenue to contact them. Their site invites you to contact them, as does the fb site, with any issues. This is what I have done. Why have a contact point if it not answered? If they had stated 'sorry, contact the retailer' I would, honestly, have accepted that.
Initially the query to both forums has been simply for contact details. I elaborated simply to explain why. But I have no problem with Bosch really - I just didn't want to be ignored. I have tried to give a balanced point, and have been honest with my comments. As invited by Bosch themselves.
It also seems that it is not an isolated issue.
I don't wish to slay Bosch. Good God, I would be seriously cutting my nose to spite my face. I simply wish them to answer me when I ask them, directly, why did this happen?
I don't want a refund- I would like the saw. It looks great.
Do you think this is unreasonable?
I think Bosch are a cut above the rest (at that price point) and have kinda said so. Have I slagged off a product?
But their response has been unsatisfactory for me.
Sorry if I'm being a puppy!

Prevaricate long enough and you will be outside the time period for your retailer to legal have to replace the product, give it back to them and ask for a replacement.

Mike

If having an answer to "why" is that important to you, then keep on trying to get and reply from Bosch. However, if having a tool that works, has all of the parts, and does not appear to be a warranty return item is important to you, then divert all of your attention at the retailer.

I really don't understand the obsession with wanting to know why it happened. Apparently, it did happen and I think you are wasting your time nagging to Bosch about it...that is the retailer's responsibility after it sends you a replacement tool. Unless the retailer is your cousin struggling to make ends meet, demand a replacement tool and return the faulty tool so he can deal with his supplier. This is basic business.

The saw is already back with retailer. It went straight back, after I realised the nut was missing too.
I guess I just found it rude to blank me, a paying customer. So I pursued it.

If Bosch is not replying to one of its distributors, then I wouldn't expect a reply. I hope the retailer is sending a replacement to you and not waiting on Bosch. I wish you the best!

Latest posts

Back