Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Charley, CHJ, Noel

By Phil Pascoe
no one has tested any of these petroleum products long term?
They've been used by probably hundreds of millions of people for many decades.
By Rorschach
Osvaldd wrote:no long term testing has been done, you are the guinea pig.

Have they done long term tests on the tin foil in your hat?

Just because something comes from petroleum doesn't mean it's bad, it's a hydrocarbon, they are everywhere and "natural".
By woodbloke66
Steve Maskery wrote:My chopping board has nothing at all on it.

Spot on; you don't need anything on a chopping board - Rob
By Osvaldd
Rorschach wrote:just because something comes from petroleum doesn't mean it's bad, it's a hydrocarbon, they are everywhere and "natural".

Motor oil is hydrocarbon too, and yes, it is precisely because mineral oil comes from petroleum it is most likely bad for you. As Fitzroy said earlier, no one can prove its safe just that the limited research they did found it doesn’t kill you instantly, This is the case for all petroleum derived products, including plastic food containers.
But go ahead and keep consuming your petroleum oil from a plastic bottle it, what do I care.
By Rorschach
Osvaldd wrote:
Rorschach wrote:just because something comes from petroleum doesn't mean it's bad, it's a hydrocarbon, they are everywhere and "natural".

Motor oil is hydrocarbon too, and yes, it is precisely because mineral oil comes from petroleum it is most likely bad for you. As Fitzroy said earlier, no one can prove its safe just that the limited research they did found it doesn’t kill you instantly, This is the case for all petroleum derived products, including plastic food containers.
But go ahead and keep consuming your petroleum oil from a plastic bottle it, what do I care.

You know that all oils are hydrocarbons right? All the oils, alcohols, every aromatic, they are all hydrocarbons.
By Osvaldd
No need to be condescending, Rorschach . There is absolutely nothing natural or good about gigantic industrial factories refining toxic crude oil and making skincare or worse, food stuff products out of it.
Compare this to beeswax, olive oil or lard - all of which can be done without any toxic pollution and sourced locally. I always choose the least processed stuff.
By Rorschach
Osvaldd wrote:No need to be condescending, Rorschach . There is absolutely nothing natural or good about gigantic industrial factories refining toxic crude oil and making skincare or worse, food stuff products out of it.
Compare this to beeswax, olive oil or lard - all of which can be done without any toxic pollution and sourced locally. I always choose the least processed stuff.

You are just showing a fundamental ignorance of science there.
By sammy.se
Just got a sample of this finishing oil from a German manufacturer, at the very enjoyable Essex Makers Meet today. It's food safe apparently so I will try it on one of my chopping board and let you guys know if it's good. It's supposed to be similar to the osomo poly X range.Image

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk