Best Jigsaw blades on the market now?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colonel-cueball

Established Member
Reaction score
So looking into buying a better jigsaw, have my eye on a few different brands - milwaukee, dewalt, makita etc - Though tbh anything would be better than the "Made especially for BnQ" Ryobi that I gave away...it was the biggest waste of £25 I've ever spent, thing couldn't cut straight to save its life....my dads worn out power devil was luxury in comparison...

However whats the use of buying a decent jigsaw without decent blades?

What would people here recommend?
Also how good/bad are the Saxton blades compared to "really good" blades?

Having tried a few Marfel jigsaw is by far IMO the best, their proprietary blades for it are also brilliant. They are great for cutting off the arm and leg I paid for mine! Worth it if your a serious user though.

Nah mate, I'm not a serious user, its just a hobby, though the BnQ Ryobi wasn't even up to that, browsing ebay and looking at some used but serviceable trade grade stuff as mentioned above.
Woodworking is something I want to improve my skills at, as currently I'm ok at it but not getting the accuracy I want so gradually replacing poor quality stuff with better stuff when I can afford it.

My mechanics tools are pro grade though, its a hobby but one I take seriously.

Very few jigsaw manufacturers make their own blades and most are repackaged Scintilla blades which are (mostly) Made in Switzerland. Scintilla are owned by Bosch and they make blades for Bosch, Festool, Mafell and many others.

Having tried most blades I have found the Bosch blades to be the most accurate, cost effective and the longest to retain their sharpness.

Not tried many brands but never been given cause to move away from Bosch. Same for the jigsaw as my present one must be 25 years old and just keeps going. Used a friends new Makita cordless and it was not a patch on the old Bosch.

I have a Makita and a Bosch the latter was given to me, both used regularly for the last 15 years and they do exactly what they're supposed to do but I note you say you're wanting accuracy, you maybe need to expand on that and look at what you're using the jigsaw for as imo they can't be classed as a tool that's accurate.

Great for sheet materials but you need to be careful to get a 90 deg cut in thicker timber no matter what make machine or blades you use however with blades you get what you pay for and not much use buying a great jigsaw and using cr*p blades, much better the other way around.

I use mine a lot but only for first stage roughing out shapes to be finished with more suitable tools.
To be fair though I do have a bandsaw, table saw, routers etc. so am in a position to choose whereas you seem to be just starting out.

cheers
Bob

phil.p":2glwjljz said:
I've always used Bosch but have just used a 25 pack of these - https://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/jigsaw-b ... gsaw-blade
If there is a difference, I can't find it. :D
I tried "Punk" blades from T.P. - a total waste of time.

Surprised to hear that, as I rated the Punk holesaws I bought from TS very highly, cut through even very hard steels without issue.
One to avoid then...

Lons":21d6xcip said:
I have a Makita and a Bosch the latter was given to me, both used regularly for the last 15 years and they do exactly what they're supposed to do but I note you say you're wanting accuracy, you maybe need to expand on that and look at what you're using the jigsaw for as imo they can't be classed as a tool that's accurate.

Great for sheet materials but you need to be careful to get a 90 deg cut in thicker timber no matter what make machine or blades you use however with blades you get what you pay for and not much use buying a great jigsaw and using cr*p blades, much better the other way around.

I use mine a lot but only for first stage roughing out shapes to be finished with more suitable tools.
To be fair though I do have a bandsaw, table saw, routers etc. so am in a position to choose whereas you seem to be just starting out.

cheers
Bob
Bob
I realise that re: jigsaws, however the Bnpoo special Ryobi I gave away brought inaccuracy to whole new levels, I think the toolless blade changed had too weak a spring which allows the blade to bounce around during cutting, giving a result more like someone has chewed up the workpiece, especially as I was getting decent cuts with the same blade using my old mans tool to change worn out powerdevil jigsaw afterwards...

I might get some Saxton and Bosch blades, see if I notice any difference between them.

Thanks all :)

If you want something to cut 'straight' a handheld circular saw might be more appropriate. If you want a square cut but curvy then a jigsaws what you're after.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

colonel-cueball":3osodf63 said:
I think the toolless blade changed had too weak a spring which allows the blade to bounce around during cutting, giving a result more like someone has chewed up the workpiece, especially as I was getting decent cuts with the same blade using my old mans tool to change worn out powerdevil jigsaw afterwards...

Makes sense, the allen screw fixing on the old saws was solid though did tend to work loose occasionally on earlier ones I had. Mine both now have tool less fitting so it is likely to be a quality issue.

Back