Benchdogs UK

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monions2112

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the dogs from Benchdogs.co.uk?

They have some interesting products, not just standard dogs. In particular they have rail dogs that bolt to the bottom of a guide rail to stop it wandering. They also have a dog style clamp assembly.

I'm looking for some new dogs to expand what I already have, but don't need something special like the new Super Parf dogs.

Anyone used them - was the quality and fit in an MFT OK?

They look good but I haven't used them.

I bought a CNC cut MDF top from RS CNC Designs in Wrexham who sell on ebay. They offer bundles with a number of aluminium dogs which are just fine. Their dogs were drilled and threaded which adds some versatility. Fit is very neat and I was happy with the value.
I would expect the benchdogs ones to be equally good as it's not hard to make a simple turned aluminium part with acceptable accuracy.

I fancy a pair of these new long parf superdogs but not until the price drops by 30%

That's what I was thinking.

I have the same setup as you, the RS CNC MFT top and dogs are really good. I just wanted a couple more dogs.

What actually got me looking at other dogs is that I just got some Parf Rail clips on a visit to Axminster. I assumed these fitted all 20mm dogs, but they don't. The RS dogs as most bench dogs have a wider diameter above the hole (25mm). But the Parf clips are designed to fit dogs that are 20mm diameter along their full length. My fault as it's clear from Peter's videos that his dogs are 20mm - I'd just not looked that closely. And I don't really want to use the Super dogs at £28 each.

I think I'll try the Benchdogs to see who they perform.

Back