been in my shop today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All today I finally got into my shop retentioned my old band saw blade after a long lay off,started to cut some sticks for the fire - that's all the blade was good for - and low and behold it snapped , fitted another old blade and finished what I wanted to do.

Woke my scroll saw up and cut a pattern of a unicorn, total time in shop 2 1/2 hours so that's a start, cannot stand for too long but sitting on the new high chair I made seemed to work alright ,I have a pattern I want to revamp it is a colt 45 by Charles dearing , I tried cutting it before my op, but messed it up, this time I will cut the main parts and hot burn the scroll work on barrel etc, I still have not managed to figure out how to go about making a pattern of the Angel flight I once put on this site must get round to it soon.Then I am going to look for another intarsia project this may take a lot of thinking about,subject and woods to use.

take care
John

Thanks aes been a slight set back fell and hurt myself so be while maybe Saturday before i get back in.

take care
John

Oh sh+t!!! Well, do the exercises and the pain will pass off (or at least reduce) - "eventually"! Good luck mate.

I have thought about the intarsia project I would like to do and settled on a red tailed hawk in flight, now I have to find a pattern, and ask which woods will be the best to use, any ideas anyone please.

take care
John

Personally I've not done that John, but if you do a search in this section you'll find "Claymore" (Brian) has done several in various sizes, including some he's sold. Sorry I can't think of any of the relevant thread titles but "Claymore" should get you into the right area.

cheers aes I thought he might have come on the thread then i would have asked for his input,
still time hopefully.

take care
John

I think that since his wife died- late last year/early this - he hasn't been around here very much at all. Much missed IMO,'cos he used to produce some really high class work.

He did several such birds and in at least one he went through the whole WIP procedure, including wood selection. As said before, I can't remember any of the thread titles, but I GUESS a search for something like "posts by Claymore" should bring something up.

hi again been on all the the red kite sites of claymore and he seems to have edited all his photos etc off the site completely on the 14 th of November and never been on the site since hope its not serious .

take care
John

OH, doesn't sound too good does it? Why not send him a PM? If you do pass on my best wishes please. I'm surprised all his pix have gone though

I don't think he used a site to sell his stuff - not the wildlife stuff anyway, As I recal he sold direct to the local Tourist Centre.

To send a PM is easy (if a bit "clunky").

Start off at the main page (which shows all the various sections) and up at the Top RH side you'll see your name/forum name appear (If you're logged in). Click on that and a row of options appears along the top of the page, one of which is "Private Messages" (PMs).

Click on that and you'll see a drop down list of options which includes "Draft New Message".

Click that and type in the name of the person you want to send the PM to (Claymore). Then below that type in whatever you want to say, just like any E-mail. When satisfied click on "Submit" down the bottom he page and a short while later you should get a message saying something like "your has been message submitted" - or something similar.

You're now done.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTT. This does not mean that Claymore will see your message! He will only see your message when he logs on to the Forum and see that he's got a PM in his "In Box". Until he does that you will see your outgoing PM sitting in your "Out Box" and there it will stay until Claymore opens it in his "In Box". It will then automatically be changed to your "Sent Messages" box.

As said, the system works fine but it is a bit "clunky" and it's major drawback is that until the recipient of any PM you send opens his own "In Box" it'll just sit in your "Out Box".

HTH

I will now send you a "Test" PM so that you can see "your end" of it.

Cheers

got some more bits done yesterday and today, some reindeer's on the band saw a " I love you " stick thing off Steve goods site and tonight I have traced a colt 45 onto some pitch pine its a free one I downloaded before I went awol. and it has loots of scroll work so instead of cutting it out, I will burn the scrolls in the wood, and if that doent turn out right I will sand it off and use the wood for something else, and started to cut out another unicorn ,getting back into it that should be the last of the reindeer's this year, so will cut more sticks for the fire on the band saw till the blades give up the ghost.

take care
John

Glad to hear you are up and about. Sorry to hear about your fall though.

I’ve just had a back problem myself and couldn’t walk for days. Had some physio which has helped me but still not right yet. The joys of getting old. It doesn’t help things as I have a physical job of work. You have to plod on though.

All this happened a few days before I was due to go on my holiday. We thought we would have to cancel it but we managed to get away to the warm sunshine and I think that helped the healing process. Just had to take things steady.we are back home now and it feels so cold,should have stayed another month lol.

In regards to Brian I haven’t seen him post anything for ages. I hope he’s alright. I learnt a lot reading his posts on this forum.

Hoping to be back on the-scroll saw soon.
Andy

To Aramco and Silversam:

If you look in the "Off Topic" section here, under the heading "Claymore" you'll see an update on his situation.

Back