Bandsaw Resaw Fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought this might be of interest. I have a machinist friend who does little jobs for me now and again.
He is mates with the people who run a small local laser cutting cnc business. So he got this resaw fence made up for me- £40!

Attachments

• DSCN2380 (Small).JPG
    DSCN2380 (Small).JPG
    143 KB · Views: 1,358
  • DSCN2383 (Small).JPG
    DSCN2383 (Small).JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,358
  • DSCN2384 (Small).JPG
    DSCN2384 (Small).JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,358
  • DSCN2386 (Small).JPG
    DSCN2386 (Small).JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,358
  • DSCN2387 (Small).JPG
    DSCN2387 (Small).JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,358
Showing it after used, you all know the price of timber. Economical use of timber to practice carving on. Whats left would suit another relief carving, then cut that off and use whats left for letter carving practice. I adjusted the Kreg fence for lead angle drift.

Attachments

• A.JPG
    A.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 1,062
  • B.JPG
    B.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,062
  • C.JPG
    C.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,062
  • D.JPG
    D.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,062
  • E.JPG
    E.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,062
  • F.JPG
    F.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,062
Looks very nice, can I just ask (and please excuse my stupidity!) why does it have a big piece cut out of the middle, isn't this exactly where you need the support of the fence?

Id imagine the cut out is for when you are re-sawing thin strips. The gap means the fence can get nice and close the the blade. Looks as if there is a slight bevel on the cut out so wood doesn't get caught. I like it.

OscarG":3cctn8z1 said:
Looks very nice, can I just ask (and please excuse my stupidity!) why does it have a big piece cut out of the middle, isn't this exactly where you need the support of the fence?
As SkinnyB says, the guard can easily be raised or lowered to the height of the workpiece, increases safety a lot.

pollys13":1b103sm5 said:
I adjusted the Kreg fence for lead angle drift.

Can I suggest that it would be much better to correct for drift by adjusting the top wheel instead. That's what the tracking knob is for. You have a miter slot in that table. If you ever want to use it your blade will drift.

Otherwise, a very nice fence. Very nice indeed.

S

Steve Maskery":2s0w9jze said:
pollys13":2s0w9jze said:

Can I suggest that it would be much better to correct for drift by adjusting the top wheel instead. That's what the tracking knob is for. You have a miter slot in that table. If you ever want to use it your blade will drift.

S

I always adjust the fence, the top wheel is for coplanar tracking of the wheels or blade location on the crown depending on your personal setup method, never known it to adjust for drift?

Er, that is not correct, sorry. That knob is to adjust the tracking to eliminate drift. Twisting the fence just compensates for it during ripping. Any sort of cross-cutting operation, using the mitre fence, is still compromised.

Steve Maskery":1wc0yu3s said:
pollys13":1wc0yu3s said:

You have a miter slot in that table. If you ever want to use it your blade will drift." Cheers Steve, if I do I'll get back to you about your method, Merry Christmas to you :)

S

Back