BANDSAW...elektra beckum type bas 315/4 wn55 ANY GOOD?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wizard":2k5x2xo6 said:
Just been given one very pleased with it

If I was given a chisel to use to open tins of paint I'd be happy as it's free lol,
What can you tell me about its capabilities and it does what other bandsaws can't. Help me and make it sound a dream so I buy it :)

Seriously tho, is it a start for a first bandsaw?

Thanks
TT

Bought one back in March. Spent a bit of time replacing all the bearings & drive belt all very easy to do at very little cost, well worth while as the machine has worked a dream for me, cuts straight & true every time =D> .

I did have one problem with a cracked casting on the blade guide assembly :( . This was my post for the repair broken-bandsaw-t78266.html

I mainly cut soft wood although I did cut a quantity of 2 inch thick x 24 inches long Mahogany without any problems :D .

Cutting dimensions are
140mm High
203mm to table Fence
305mm Throat
2240 Blade Length

The problem choosing machines of any kind it is very much “horses for courses” dependant on personal requirements

Good luck

Keith

I had one for over 15 years, it was a great machine for its size, bought it from new, never regretted buying it. I would have kept it but did not have the room when I upgraded to a large machine.

I may still have some spares for the tension mechanism.

The only let down was the fence, which I changed out to a shop made replacement.

thanks for the responses.
I've been thinking about getting a band saw for a while but wasn't in a rush as i work with what i have if that makes sense. im going to view it later, is there anything i should look out for that may be undetectable to the novice or naked eye, he says its got new blades also so thats good tho i will probably get those saw every one raves about, tuff is it?

glad to know spares are about hopefully i don't need to post in the wanted section anytime soon :)

thanks guy, off to work now :(
TT

My father-in-law has one of these which was his father's before that, seems like a solidly built machine that's capable of good work. If the capacities meet your requirements, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

cheers again gents, hopefully its all in order when i see and if so ill be packing the car with it and off to the shop to have a play.

TT

I'm now the proud owner of this bandsaw. Near new with custome made bottom on wheels, new belts from America and like 8new blades, only used a few times to cut small bits of wood for turning.
This is near enough new :)
This being my first band saw I don't really know how to use it 100% do does anyone have the instructions for it??
Or know of an online copy I can print.

Thanks for helping me make a great move.

For those intrested it cost me under £90.01

TT

tobytools":1phyn024 said:
I'm now the proud owner of this bandsaw. Near new with custome made bottom on wheels, new belts from America and like 8new blades, only used a few times to cut small bits of wood for turning.
This is near enough new :)
This being my first band saw I don't really know how to use it 100% do does anyone have the instructions for it??
Or know of an online copy I can print.

Thanks for helping me make a great move.

For those intrested it cost me under £90.01

TT

I do have the original Handbook & Spare parts list, but to be honest they are of little use. If at anytime you have a particular area or info that you would like to look at I will gladly copy the relevant page and email to you.

Thanks for upsetting me with the price you paid :cry:

Keith

Hi,
Sorry but I had to mention the price as I was so happy I wasn't to share, tho I should of been more considerate and lied :)
I'd like to read up on it in general to seen about specific setup and such. My hot mail [email protected] if you could email what you can that would be excellent thanks.

The yt video is great and covers most if not all what I need.
Thanks again

TT

tobytools":1t4cnvcp said:
Hi,
Sorry but I had to mention the price as I was so happy I wasn't to share, tho I should of been more considerate and lied :)
I'd like to read up on it in general to seen about specific setup and such. My hot mail [email protected] if you could email what you can that would be excellent thanks.

The yt video is great and covers most if not all what I need.
Thanks again

TT

Hopefully I will email you tomorrow evening (Sunday)

Regards

Keith

Latest posts

Back