bandsaw blade alignment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonboy2003

Reaction score
I have recently bought a second hand record 300 bandsaw which is not so old, I have tracked the blade with the back of the kerf dead centre of the top wheel and ajusted all guides accordingly to the many videos I have watched. The problem I have is the front / back of the blade is not square to the table, side to side it's spot on 90 degrees to the table, it's a new blade, the tension seems about right and cuts parallel to the fence, there is no adjustment facility on the table mounts front to back. Could anyone advise as to what the problem may be? All the information I can find re co-planing is to leave well alone to the factory setting, which on this machine does all appear original and undisturbed. I am at a total loss, so any assistance woud be gratefully accepted. Regards, Tony.

What happens if you tweak the top wheel tracking to bring the blade upright front to back, does it still run smoothly with the blade still adequately supported on the top wheel.

If so I would ignore the location of the tooth gullets and make the better tracking the setup criteria.

Jonboy2003":236v8h2y said:
I have recently bought a second hand record 300 bandsaw which is not so old, I have tracked the blade with the back of the kerf dead centre of the top wheel and ajusted all guides accordingly to the many videos I have watched. The problem I have is the front / back of the blade is not square to the table, side to side it's spot on 90 degrees to the table, it's a new blade, the tension seems about right and cuts parallel to the fence, there is no adjustment facility on the table mounts front to back. Could anyone advise as to what the problem may be? All the information I can find re co-planing is to leave well alone to the factory setting, which on this machine does all appear original and undisturbed. I am at a total loss, so any assistance woud be gratefully accepted. Regards, Tony.

I had a similar problem with my BS350. The solution was the mostly hidden grub screws in the base of the trunion. Your BS300 likely has the same grub screws.

See this post showing the location of the grub screws:

record-power-bs350s-trunion-roller-t104665-15.html#p1141497

MikeK":p2m0slmz said:
I had a similar problem with my BS350. The solution was the mostly hidden grub screws in the base of the trunion. Your BS300 likely has the same grub screws.

See this post showing the location of the grub screws:

record-power-bs350s-trunion-roller-t104665-15.html#p1141497
Me too on my bs350 - when cutting tenons/ dovetails I'd cut to the line and on the underside it would have cut just too far. That thread allowed me to sort it out (though I found it to be quite a fiddle), the manual was hopelessly vague.

Well thank you chaps, although not attempting to adjust it you've helped me locate the grub screws on the base mounting! They're obviously there for a reason so I think you may have cracked it for me. I still have niggling doubts unfortunately, as I have shimed the trunion base with washers but the blade is still far enough off square that bothers me a tad, whenever possible I like things to ba as they should and bodge as a last resort :( As pointed out, ajusting the back screw by the trunion lock looks well fiddly but will give it a go and report back, thanks again to all, Tony.

Job done and all is well, adjustment of the grub screws a complete success. I don't have a manual and the one I downloaded shows nothing re the pics and info you pointed out so well done to you with thanks :) Tony.

Back