Bad hotel experience

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinlightfoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Booked a quiet country manor hotel for a couple of nights,arrived at Rowley Manor on Thursday had a nice meal and an enjoyable pint ,peaceful nights sleep,day out around Hull on Friday and returned to Hotel for afternoon tea,settled down for the evening and just after seven It all went pear shaped,disco started full bore!Asked manager how long this was going on for reply was ,until midnight.Checked out immediately.To be fair the manager said he would waive the bar bill....... a pint and agin and tonic.Rowley Manor,the operative word being Row ,avoid like the plague,

I'm thinking of doing similar in a week or so. Might research a bit better now and avoid ones with function rooms!

Maybe top floor of a Holiday Inn or similar will keep me away from the noise?

If you are staying at weekends always check if the hotel is a wedding venue and hold functions.
Then avoid or ask if they have any quiet rooms.

Rod

I dont think you can complain too loudly, as long as it finishes at midnight. 1or 2 or later am is a definite no no.

we had a holiday in turkey at a place that advertised lakes and parks, 50 bird species, et al.
they didnt mention the 16 hours a day beat "music" from the pool area, followed by the "entertainment" which consisted of huge base speakers bouncing around the stage. The hotel was a concrete and glass U shape, with the stage at the open end of the U. The glass windows were vibrating all evening. There was literally not a room in the hotel that was quiet.
First time in my life I changed my flight and came home a week early. I complained loud and long to the management about their advertising. The russians who were the main guests loved it all apparently. ho hum.

Thats why I bought an old Talbot Express motorhome from my brother a few months ago. I often do 3 day craft fairs etc and need a hotel on a few occasions. Most of them are noisy or too hot and I am fed up paying out continually for rooms. I aim to wild camp at a few of the more remote ones and I am looking to buy a fold up bike so I don't have to park close to a venue and incur 15 quid a day parking charges. I am nearly there on the restoration, which is more of a tidy up really, and I need to paint the body work and roof which should be good fun.

Back