AXMINSTER TS250 TABLE SAW Alternative...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matted

Established Member
Reaction score
So....After weeks of consideration Ive decided the TS250 was the perfect 1st table saw - portable (ish), iron top, decent cut depth and more important than anything an induction motor (i live in a built up area).

So I contact Axminster to see when they might have some in stock and the answer is "early 2019" :(

BOOOOOOOO...

So, With my £500 budget has anyone else got any other suggestions?

I'm toying with the idea of getting the TS-200-2 - but the cut depth is the only issue there really.

Are you near one of the stores? I just checked and all the stores have the ts250 in stock.

Is the itech a copy of This Axy ?

The Axminster is less money than Scott Sargeant but looks similar

I am interested in the above machines, they look decent value

They both look good. I'm in the market for a new table saw come January and have been looking at the above Axi and the Charnwood W629 and W619. Can't make my mind up as yet.

These are all out of the OP's £500 budget though.

Matted":dojdgui6 said:
So....After weeks of consideration Ive decided the TS250 was the perfect 1st table saw - portable (ish), iron top, decent cut depth and more important than anything an induction motor (i live in a built up area).

So I contact Axminster to see when they might have some in stock and the answer is "early 2019" :(

BOOOOOOOO...

So, With my £500 budget has anyone else got any other suggestions?

I'm toying with the idea of getting the TS-200-2 - but the cut depth is the only issue there really.

If you are looking for any degree of portability then neither the TS200 or TS250 are nowhere near what you call portable. If you have plans to put them in the back of a van/car you will have to have a very strong back. A cast iron top and an induction motor means a lot of weight. You can put them on castors to move around a workshop but that's it.

I didn't find the cut depth to be too much of an issue on the TS200. There were a couple of occasions where I needed it, but once you get to 50mm plus you probably want to be switching to a bandsaw anyway.

To the OP.

As someone has said, the main warehouse in Axminster may be out of stock, but the shops may have some in store, also at 80Kg you are obviously a big strong boy to use it as a portable saw. :lol:

You may not have seen this thread: axminster-ts250-2-modifications-t102284.html only the first page is of any real interest, the remaining twelve pages are a regurgitation of the information on page one.

Mike

Cheers for the advice guys, Ill try their shops - Im based in Norfolk and the closest one to me is about 100 miles away.

As for portability - sorry, I meant something I could push around the workshop, not something Id take off site (stick it on wheels or something).

Raymond UK":2an898vj said:
...and the Charnwood W629 and W619.

I wouldn't touch anything Charnwood with the proverbial barge pole. Some years ago I had a W629 purchased from Yandles at their show. Within two months the blade bearings had clapped out and you could actually see the saw wobble on start up. Probably the worst investment in the 'shop I ever made. There were other issues with it that I was distinctly dischuffed with; generally it was just a complete pain in the arris - Rob

Matted":3brwbo7d said:
Cheers for the advice guys, Ill try their shops - Im based in Norfolk and the closest one to me is about 100 miles away.

As for portability - sorry, I meant something I could push around the workshop, not something Id take off site (stick it on wheels or something).

I am sure the stores can deliver, in fact they are offering free delivery over £99.00, phone one of the stores and see what they can do for you.

Mike

woodbloke66":a04otfvz said:
Raymond UK":a04otfvz said:
...and the Charnwood W629 and W619.

I wouldn't touch anything Charnwood with the proverbial barge pole. Some years ago I had a W629 purchased from Yandles at their show. Within two months the blade bearings had clapped out and you could actually see the saw wobble on start up. Probably the worst investment in the 'shop I ever made. There were other issues with it that I was distinctly dischuffed with; generally it was just a complete pain in the arris - Rob

Cheers for the heads up Rob.

It's a good job I have few months left to find something. :|

Update!

cheers for your advice guys, contacted Axminster, they found on in stock in one of their stores. Ordered it this morning.

Will take about 2 weeks apparantly (they move it from store to their warehouse) but thats fine, need to make room!

Does anyone have experience with the Evolution Rage5 table saw? From the reviews it seems to be a bit marmite, people love them or hate them but it would certainly be within budget here.

LizBurg":2racoyez said:
Does anyone have experience with the Evolution Rage5 table saw? From the reviews it seems to be a bit marmite, people love them or hate them but it would certainly be within budget here.
Maybe ok as a site saw.

If you want a workshop based saw that is quieter and has a decent cast iron top your are better off with the Axy TS200 or the Draper clone.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back