Axminster-TS-200-2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonsdale73":1v1hv4sb said:
As these are now discontinued can any owners remember how much they paid for theirs?

I knew my record keeping fetish would come in useful one day. I paid £167.59 in December 2014. I'm not sure what is the current equivalent offering from Axminster.

pulleyt":26ug0d8i said:
Lonsdale73":26ug0d8i said:
As these are now discontinued can any owners remember how much they paid for theirs?

I knew my record keeping fetish would come in useful one day. I paid £167.59 in December 2014. I'm not sure what is the current equivalent offering from Axminster.

Wow, that's on £12 more than a second hand one with best part of a week of bidding still to go is commanding. The replacement appears to be the AC216TS at £499. There's what looks like an identical model from Draper at £420 which appears to also have been discontinued soon after the model it superceded which went for around £200!

Thanks for your post.

Thinking back I believe i bought just before they brought out the version with the improved fence so the price may have been discounted to get rid of the old stock.

£125 second hand, over a decade ago. Sold it for same 4 years later. That was the one with the stand and the the extension table, plus sliding table.
Fine wee saw if you stuck to small sections, but bogged down quickly in 2" proper hardwood. Also, that diety-damned fence! It slipped, it marked the extrusion, it canted to allow thin section underneath it....Dust extraction, WHAT dust extraction? The blue cheapo hose perished quickly and certainly did not cope with pulverised, lignified, tracheids...
The saw was fine once you allowed for its...foibles(?)...but neglecting one had the capacity to utterly ruin your last piece for a Monday-due job, at 5.30pm on Saturday evening...

Sam

Don't get me started on the fence marking the extrusions!

I'm on my second fence bracket and have decided I'm not replacing it for another one.

I'm going to fire up the mig welder to make my own fence and rail.

I paid £150 second hand in 2016, incl stand and extension and sliding table.

Fence isn't very good btw

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

To be clear, the TS-200-1 fence was not very good, the upgraded TS-200-2 which this thread is about was a vast improvement.

Lonsdale73":3378rj8j said:
pulleyt":3378rj8j said:
Lonsdale73":3378rj8j said:

Wow, that's on £12 more than a second hand one with best part of a week of bidding still to go is commanding. The replacement appears to be the AC216TS at £499. There's what looks like an identical model from Draper at £420 which appears to also have been discontinued soon after the model it superceded which went for around £200!

Thanks for your post.

It isn’t quite as simple as that. The AC216TS has a bigger table, a better fence, and most importantly has proper cabinet saw cast iron trunnions. It is worth more. The Draper also has none of those things.

The prices people were paying in late 2014 and early 2015 were heavily discounted prices for the Mk1 before the mk2 came out, and price just kept dropping for a period of a few weeks, to the point they were almost giving them away. The last time the TS200mk2 was on sale it was about £380 for the plain unit.

The Mk2 TS200 had a slightly larger table and a better fence over the Mk1. There is a much bigger jump with the AC216TS.

The one I was watching went for around £360 in the end; it didn't have all the attachments. It was pick-up only and about another £100 worth of petrol which made it a touch too much for what it was.

As an aside, I am completely baffled by the mindset of some sellers on various online sites. I see one that's still up for sale. I contacted the seller back in May and I'm still awaiting a reply. Another posted one with a screenshot of a webpage, describing it as 'almost new'. Apparently I'm weird for wanting to see a photo to confirm this highly subjective description? I've watched another drop £200 and again I'm still waiting for the seller to give me a time and date that's convenient for him! Academic now as I did get the modell I was originally after but even there yhe first 'agreed' collection time was cancelled because he 'forgot' he had something else on and, for the rescheduled date, I turned up to an empty house because he 'forgot' I was coming.

Lonsdale73":3mj0ncx4 said:
The one I was watching went for around £360 in the end; it didn't have all the attachments. It was pick-up only and about another £100 worth of petrol which made it a touch too much for what it was.

As an aside, I am completely baffled by the mindset of some sellers on various online sites. I see one that's still up for sale. I contacted the seller back in May and I'm still awaiting a reply. Another posted one with a screenshot of a webpage, describing it as 'almost new'. Apparently I'm weird for wanting to see a photo to confirm this highly subjective description? I've watched another drop £200 and again I'm still waiting for the seller to give me a time and date that's convenient for him! Academic now as I did get the modell I was originally after but even there yhe first 'agreed' collection time was cancelled because he 'forgot' he had something else on and, for the rescheduled date, I turned up to an empty house because he 'forgot' I was coming.
I would put the money extra money in and get a new AC216TS.

The improvements are worth it over the TS200, and you'll forget about the extra £200 you put in over a used TS200 after a short time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Bodgers":1njbkhp3 said:
I would put the money extra money in and get a new AC216TS.

The improvements are worth it over the TS200, and you'll forget about the extra £200 you put in over a used TS200 after a short time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

If money was no object then I might have been inclined to do just that. However - and not to put too fine a point on it - right now I'm finding finding money a huge effing object!

Losdale there is a TS200-1 on e-bay at the moment for auction at £150.00 at the moment, sent you a link.

Back