Axminster now have the Harvey (xcalibur) saw for preorder..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just to keep it all in perspective, the saw complete with sliding table, router extension, all the fences and guards is listed new for USD 2,850 on aliexpress. Ex Jiangsu, Chinese mainland.

Deduct the volume discount, add logistics costs and provision of warranty, a few percent for sales & marketing costs and there's your contribution to Axminster's overheads & profit.

your looking about 3.5k to get the equivalent with all fences etc from axminster.
When I was looking at sourcing a harvey from China I couldn't find any on aliexpress, just alibaba and they would only ship to a port (Felixstowe)
He told me I'd need a forwarder to sort customs and deliver it from Felixstowe (Thats when I gave up) I have no clue about getting forwarders etc, I just wanted a price delivered to my door.

They look to have replaced the TS200 Mk2 + sliding table option with this new saw:

https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-c ... saw-104926

Looks to have the same motor as the TS200 but with a completely different top and stand.

The existing Ts200 without the slider is still for sale.

All the Hobby stuff has been re-branded 'Craft' series. Probably sounds a bit better than Hobby to the marketers.

Bodgers":2vegmdj1 said:
They look to have replaced the TS200 Mk2 + sliding table option with this new saw:

https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-c ... saw-104926

Looks to have the same motor as the TS200 but with a completely different top and stand.

The existing Ts200 without the slider is still for sale.

All the Hobby stuff has been re-branded 'Craft' series. Probably sounds a bit better than Hobby to the marketers.
When I had a chat in the shop a couple of weeks ago they said it was replacing the TS 250 which is why stocks of the 250 have been running low. Shame it hasn't got the same motor power or cutting capability. Apparently one of the main changes is wider mitre fence slots as many people whinged about the non standard size of the previous model.

Unfortunately the supplier has cocked up and they won't (apparently) have any stock of the new one until January. I intend to wait and have a play before I see if it's worth buying.

Back