Awful quality of plastic windows supplied in new sheds.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative99

Reaction score
Hi
Just bought a new 7’ x 5’ shed online from a well know high street retailer. The shed itself is well built shiplap with a T&G floor.
But was totally shocked at the windows! They are pathetic flimsy thin styrene that wobbles and bends a slightest touch. There are gaps you can put your finger through easily and are open to the elements. It’s like the kind of clear plastic you see on A4 document wallets and the plastic frame along the bottom (that was bent and twistef when I opened the package) is just like those document binders you get. The window frame its self is very poor the bottom is T&G panel without any kind of window sill just the grove from the T&G.

I will put in proper glass windows and a proper frame, but it should not be necessary the windows supplied should be firm sturdy and sealed in a proper wood frame.

I can’t understand how shed manufacturers think such abysmal quality windows are acceptable especially when the rest of the shed is so good. The plastic windows also spoil the look of the shed.

Anyone else experienced such poor quality when getting a shed?

Why on earth did you buy it in the first place,there is a reason that they pump out this c r ap at low prices, you get what you pay for when it comes to finish and quality of materials. Take it back-get refund and either build your own or buy something that is suitable.

Back