Apple Trees - Any good to anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nugget

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I've got 4 large apple trees that I'm going to cut down and dispose of, before I did that I was wondering if anyone here had any use for the wood as I'd rather it get used rather than taking them down the tip.

If anyone wants them they are free if collected from Worcester WR2

Thanks
Dave

Dave
I fully understand why you have listed here but if someone can't find use there is always firewood fruitwood burns fantastic I would be inclined to list the cut down logs on fleabay I'm sure u would be amazed what you get or it
If you were nearby me I would have paid you cash for the logs. Better than taking to dump

Hi
I dont turn but i could use some pieces of the apple wood sizes around 2" to 4" round and perhaps one piece a little larger that i can store till its the right moisture content. il have to travel from maidenhead berkshire so hope you not at the top end of worcestershire

thanks
forgot to say i sculpt so all pieces will be used

Had a few people asking about sizes etc so I've taken a couple of pix to help out....

These are the 2 smaller apple trees
DSC09095.jpg

The front one is lager apple but the rear one is actually Damson tree, the heartwood is a lovely richer colour - a bit purple and is harder than the apple.
DSC09094.jpg

I've just gotta get a chainsaw to cut them down (unless you can bring one??)

Thanks
Dave

It's really kind of you to offer, unfortunately too far away for me, otherwise I'd be over like a shot !

Can't believe no one else is closer that could make use of them......

Cheers, Paul

paulm":39mb48u4 said:
It's really kind of you to offer, unfortunately too far away for me, otherwise I'd be over like a shot !

Can't believe no one else is closer that could make use of them......

Cheers, Paul

Yes I thought someone would have been round for it by now, but I guess waiting for it to dry might put some people off.
I dont want it to go up in smoke as firewood, if that happens I'm keeping the Damson, it's lovely

Back