Any white goods service engineers here? (AEG hob)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
On the slim chance there may be an AEG service person here or someone with access to service manuals.
AEG HK634200F-B (949 593 295 00) Induction hob.
Short version - anyone got a link to a service manual?
Long version...
Just purchased a used, apparently ex display unit, although the more I try and find a solution the deeper the feeling that I've bought a lemon :oops: . To be fair the guy I purchased it from said he bought it as an ex-display unit and never used it and had not seen it working. So I took along some flex on a 13a plug wired it up and voila! all seemed to be functioning (but had no pans to test heat).
Now back at base and everything seems to function as it should but no heat on any zone.
It detects incorrect cookware etc. and I even went and bought a pan specifically for induction hobs just in case.
When switching on power at wall all led's light up for a second or two (self test?) then 3 59 displays for a second, the 3 in the power setting window for top right zone , the 59 in the timer window. Then all led's go out. Hob will then seemingly operate correctly, power up, power down, select heat setting etc
The safety lock is not on (i can activate it /deactivate it).
Through the power of google I have found that there are similar models that have a demo mode which is what this is behaving like i.e. everything acts as it should but no heat is produced.
No error codes displayed as far as I can see, unless 3 59 is one.
Logic (well mine anyway) dictates its unlikely that all 4 induction coils fail at the same time, so more likely to be a power issue/ relay/pcb fault. I doubt that it can tell it has an inadequate power cable connection until it starts sucking power. It should be hard wired with 6mm cable but I reckon I should be at least able to get one ring on a low setting before the cable melts :roll: after all its less than a big kettle.
Is there a Demo mode on this one ? if so how do i turn it off? I've tried a few button sequences for other models but with no joy.
Any help much appreciated gents.

Thank you Bill, I have found the user and installation manuals, but they don't cover a lot.

I have since found out by trial and error how to get into demo/ service mode and can turn demo on and off but still no joy. There is also an error log but that is showing clear too.
However I have noticed that the new pans I purchased specifically for this hob do not have a flat bottom which is apparently required for induction to work properly, they are concave by a good mm or two so only the very outer edge of the pan touched the hob. So its back to the shop!

When you get it sorted, do yourself a favour and buy cast iron or s/s marked for an induction hob (test with a magnet) rather than pans with encapsulated steel bases - c/i and s/s are so much faster. The exception to this is that one slower pan is useful for scrambled eggs, bechamel etc. - not so quick to scorch. One mug of cold water in a cast pan on mine takes 55 seconds to boil. We got ours from necessity - no mains gas - but I wouldn't be without mine, they are so much easier to keep clean than gas ones.

phil.p":37q46sz3 said:
they are so much easier to keep clean than gas ones.

I have to disagree.

Every time I go into our kitchen the gas hob is spotless 8)

OK
So error logs show no 0 for the last 5 events.

Demo mode is definitely turned off.

Service code cycles through
3 59 F
2 3C 1
8 1P 1
0 0C 2
0 OP 2

and it does draw current when on judging by the crackle at the socket switch when I turned it off at the wall without turning it off on the hob first.

Nev,
When you connected up the cable, did you check that the copper/brass links on the input terminals are correctly orientated..?

On some models of electric Hob, part of putting the Hob into" Display"mode means you have to put the links in a different position to normal working mode. Check to see if your links are as they should be for a normal 240v single phase supply...!
There is normally a little label stuck to the underside of the Hob that shows the different configurations.

Tim.

Distinterior":btu08ld2 said:
When you connected up the cable, did you check that the copper/brass links on the input terminals are correctly orientated..?

On some models of electric Hob, part of putting the Hob into" Display"mode means you have to put the links in a different position to normal working mode. Check to see if your links are as they should be for a normal 240v single phase supply...!
There is normally a little label stuck to the underside of the Hob that shows the different configurations.

Tim.

Double checked and link in place. :)

Back