Antique Pantry cupboard Build (Refresh/Upcycle?)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradshaw Joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
HI Guys, I haven't posted much lately but hover in the background a lot. This is one of the best forums i am on! I have been making a few videos of my work lately so thought i would share one we have just finished. It's a Corner cupboard from a customers house they removed from their dining area when walls were taken down during an extension. It's a lovely old thing and they wanted to keep it so they asked me if i could do something with it. The build video is here and i have included a few photos of the project below. https://youtu.be/8DsRr0ZOD1E

28wmnw4.jpg

9avgp5.jpg

1ph2qv.jpg

Many thanks

Olly

I reckon that is a good result.
A sensible compromise - plenty of character on the outside, including the nice curved top, but with clean and practical painted mdf inside.
I bet the clients are pleased!

Wow! That's fab! I have been looking for inspiration for my kitchen cupboard.

How have the top arch bits for the doors been made? It looks as though a curve has been cut through two adjoining pieces, is this how it has been done?

Thanks

Thanks, Its a lovely thing, quite jealous of it actually!

The curve was cut from jointed wood, with the grain fully horizontal, as you can see, this is less than ideal in terms of movement as you have a lot of cross grain movement, hence the big gap where it meets the hinged stile, but it is quite nice how it runs true with the frames boarding and is how a lot of furniture is grained throughout curves.

I love seeing old stuff turned into something useful again, nice work.

Just out of interest Olly how many hours you reckon that took?

stuartpaul":sswpagjc said:
I love seeing old stuff turned into something useful again, nice work.

Just out of interest Olly how many hours you reckon that took?

HI Stuart, i'd say roughly 16 hours but that include messing about with cameras etc.. (hammer)

Bradshaw Joinery":s51ik0xe said:
It's a Corner cupboard from a customers house they removed from their dining area when walls were taken down during an extension. It's a lovely old thing and they wanted to keep it so they asked me if i could do something with it.

Nice job Olly, good to see items like this being saved!

=D>

custard":36pmbs9d said:
Bradshaw Joinery":36pmbs9d said:
It's a Corner cupboard from a customers house they removed from their dining area when walls were taken down during an extension. It's a lovely old thing and they wanted to keep it so they asked me if i could do something with it.

Nice job Olly, good to see items like this being saved!

=D>

Thanks Custard! :D

Back