Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By CHJ
Chris, if I've got Derek's idea correctly he's suggesting you make a location hole in your rear plate to take a domed plug when needed , something like this I use for holding with the tailstock :-

Then your Donut chuck can trap a natural edge bowl in there regardless of the top edges being irregular should you ever do one.
Donut Plug.jpg
Donut Plug.jpg (5.8 KiB) Viewed 69 times
By Dalboy
Chas has got it in one. I may need to make a donut chuck at some stage but only for my larger bowls that will not fit over the bed
By CHJ
Chris152 wrote:And I guess I can just change the bolts for longer ones if the bowl's a bit deeper than it'll hold at the moment.
Some lengths of threaded rod (studding) in the shop stock and some nuts and 'penny washers' are always useful to have to hand.
By phil.p
If you have a Wilco nearby its a good place for wing nuts, penny washers, hooks, coach bolts etc. - they sell them pick'n'mix for £2 or £3 a bag. I had 1.6kg for £3.
By Dalboy
CHJ wrote:
Chris152 wrote:And I guess I can just change the bolts for longer ones if the bowl's a bit deeper than it'll hold at the moment.
Some lengths of threaded rod (studding) in the shop stock and some nuts and 'penny washers' are always useful to have to hand.

I have some but every time I want it can't find it buy more then find the others. How many times have I done that