Advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiJimi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I want to attempt to cut my first portrait. I have looked online and am curious how people make the black backboard to glue it to. Is it something that is purchased and is already black? Is it a piece of paper sandwiched between the two? Is it wood that is painted on?

Jimi

I made this burn on A4 sheet of ply and mounted it in an A4 Certificate frame (£1 from Poundworld)
I got a selection of various coloured A4 paper/cardboard sheets for another shop (can't remember which, maybe the local knitting shop) and this is the result. Getting a supply of coloured paper is great as you can change it to suit.

golf_4.JPG

Attachments

• golf_4.JPG
    golf_4.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 699
hi which portrait are you thinking of doing ???, I jumped in at the deep end and went above my capability's but soldiered on and got better . I use 2 sheets of A 4 / 3 mm plywood and paint the back one black where it can be seen, if you do use coloured paints it would cost a fortune, it also helps this way if you want to put a hanger on the back , again I use saw tooth hangers and superglue them on . hope this helps

john

pain is the best attention getter

Back