Advice please: Hegner Multicut 2, single speed with NVR.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeety

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hope you all could consider helping me with a valuation on my Hegner Multicut 2, it's a single speed with NVR and foot pedal. I have added a quick release (genuine) and replaced the bellows. It also had a custom base and dust extraction system designed and made by me.

At this point in time it's not for sale, just hoping to get a reasonable idea of what it's worth. Unfortunately I had an accident at home a few weeks ago and am unlikely to be able to use it for at least a year due to the injury to my fingers (actually caused by a wheelie bin and not a tool!!!!)

A few pics can be found at the link below:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhobAUDhtGgEmi5-s_e9ASX7crdT

Mods, if this isn't allowed I apologise. I checked the rules but if i do decide to sell it will be offered here exclusively.

Cheers,

Jon.

Hi All,

After seeing my surgeon i'm not going to be using this anytime soon. As promised it's now listed exclusively here in the For Sale section.

Cheers,

Jon.

Long story short...

We had just had a storm with lots of rain and was pushing the bin rather than pulling it. As i pushed the right wheel onto the drive both of my feet slipped from under me. The bar\handle at the back of the bin landed on my fingers against the edge of the concrete drive. Bin was heavy as I had been chasing walls in my office to add more sockets and was full of heavy stuff.

Once I managed to get up I went into the house and ran my fingers under the tap, 3 fingers down to the bone. my partner and neighbour are fortunately first aiders and managed to stem the bleeding then took me to A&E. They took 1 look and referred me to the plastic surgeons. Had my hands soaked in iodine then dressed, discharged at 4am Tue to go back for emergency surgery Wed.

Turned up Wed am and they didn't have enough staff to give me a GA :( Was attached to the table and had 8 ring blocks to numb them (VVVVV painful) then lay there for 90 minutes whilst they flushed them and re-assembled them. 30 external stitches and tendon damage to my middle left finger which will take another 18 - 36 months to sort....... Hency why scrolling is off the radar for the forseable future.

Can provide pics if required ;)

All the scary sharp stuff we all use day to day...

Jon.

Nasty! Something that's such an everyday kind of chore as well!

I work around a lot of dangerous (and illegal by HSE standards) machinery and equipment and I've never had a single injury involving them, it's always the really daft unexpected thing that gets you like cutting yourself with a handsaw, clouting your hand with a hammer or walking into a clamp at eye height if you're really clever!

if you enjoy scrolling then mothball your machine and occasionally turn it on, then it will be ready and waiting for your return , because to replace it in three years time will cost a lot of money you do not need to spend.

John

Back