Add ons for Record CL2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all Record Owners
Having turned a million bowls from lumps of wood I am getting more adventurous and getting into segmented bowls. (Weeks of very accurate cutting and glueing and five minutes to destroy it on the lathe). Some of the more delicate creations require a "steady" to support the piece when turning and I have been unable to locate one for a Record CL2. Anyone have any idea where or if one is available?? Perhaps some clever woody out there has even made one.
What a great lathe the Record is. (this one was at least made in Sheffield)
:D :D :D :D

Oneway make a bowl steady, which is available here : -

http://www.thesheddirect.com/browse.php ... 46f1111bb3

It wouldn't fit directly onto the bed bars of a Record lathe, but could be easily adapted by using a piece of 3/4" ply or similar to go under the bars and then a couple of bolts through would hold it in place, if you see what I mean?

Regards

Gary

Edit - I just re-read the information in the link more carefully, and it appears that when you order, just tell them what lathe it is for and they will supply a clamp block to suit. Hope this helps - if not, they also do a spindle steady which is similar, but different enough that it may do what you require.

When I was in the US last I saw a whole number of home made bowl steadies in use, they were very simply made and most used skateboard wheels cheaply available from car boot sales.

This home made bowl steady is one of the most basic types and if you scroll down it can be seen holding a segmented piece.

Hope this helps

Regards....Mike

Many thanks Guys.
Did not realise it was so easy. Will start a hunt tomorrow for Roller Blade wheels,

Regards (Have a couple of pints of that good English beer for me)

ENGLISH BEER!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wash out your mouth with soap!!!! :evil:

I might have a few pints of good, honest Welsh beer for you though! :D

Some Felinfoel Double Dragon sounds rather tasty about now..... Roll on tonight! :roll:

:eek: Sorry Taffy Turner, not aware the Welsh made beer only Leek soup.
However if you were down here a pint of English beer would taste good.
Regards
Geoff P. :wink:

Latest posts

Back