A useful little add on tool .....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I had one of these marked for an addition to a Wealden order (to save P&P) -
https://www.wealdentool.com/cgi-bin/sh0 ... ml#aSTP030
DSCN2475.JPG

and eventually got around to ordering it. What a brilliant device for centring plunges, spacing fences etc. :D

Attachments

• DSCN2475.JPG
    DSCN2475.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,278
Pretty... but I have no idea what it's for or how you'd use it, even after reading your post.

Sorry, I thought "Wealden" would give it away. :D It's for showing the centre of the plunge of a router, fixing a fence from the centre of an intended cut for morticing or anything like that. One end fits 1/4" collet, the other a 1/2".

porker":in0xfwoo said:
Thanks for that. I've been looking for something like this for a few weeks to centre my guide bushes on my router.

the guide bush set i bought has one included....

i think both the triton specific set and the axminster set do?

phil.p":2enoynaw said:
Sorry, I thought "Wealden" would give it away. :D It's for showing the centre of the plunge of a router, fixing a fence from the centre of an intended cut for morticing or anything like that. One end fits 1/4" collet, the other a 1/2".

Ah, thanks.

If I ever work to within 250 thou, I'll get one. :-D

Brilliant, thank you for posting, can't belive I have never seen these before, will add to my next Wealden order.

Doug

All the routers I have bought have centring pins supplied in the case, this includes the Hitachi MV12V2, Hitachi MV12VE and two Draper Experts, I thought these where a standard supply item? The only one that didn't was the little Katsu.

Mike

MikeJhn":a0zojaz9 said:
All the routers I have bought have centring pins supplied in the case, this includes the Hitachi MV12V2, Hitachi MV12VE and two Draper Experts, I thought these where a standard supply item? The only one that didn't was the little Katsu.

Mike

Interesting, neither my Hitachi M12VE or Triton TRA001 came with one of these. I could knock one up on the lathe but for the price I've got other things to do with my time. I actually wanted to use it for centering my Triton in the router table as the clamp on my table allows a lot of float. Incidentally, I got some new discs made by this company https://www.lasermaster.co.uk/easy-order with a 1/4" hole and just needed the pin for alignment. (They were cheap and accurate so I would recommend their service). Also for my Hitachi to centre the 30mm guide bush concentrically so that the jig I was using to made an MFT type top would be accurate. Plenty of the cone type of alignment Trend tools about but I couldn't find one of these.

The case for my Hitachi M12VE holds more than a Transit van :)
Not always a desirable feature

Limited space in garage, so shoved it ;empty; down the blind side of our house

porker":1mltgepx said:
MikeJhn":1mltgepx said:

Mike

Interesting, neither my Hitachi M12VE or Triton TRA001 came with one of these. I could knock one up on the lathe but for the price I've got other things to do with my time. I actually wanted to use it for centering my Triton in the router table as the clamp on my table allows a lot of float. Incidentally, I got some new discs made by this company https://www.lasermaster.co.uk/easy-order with a 1/4" hole and just needed the pin for alignment. (They were cheap and accurate so I would recommend their service). Also for my Hitachi to centre the 30mm guide bush concentrically so that the jig I was using to made an MFT type top would be accurate. Plenty of the cone type of alignment Trend tools about but I couldn't find one of these.

Interesting, does your blow moulded case for the M12VE have the recess for the tool in the top right hand corner above the hard to open internal compartment lid?

Mike

Cordy":4vpgq4pb said:
The case for my Hitachi M12VE holds more than a Transit van :)
Not always a desirable feature

Limited space in garage, so shoved it empty; down the blind side of our house

It does seem odd that the cases for SDS drills never seem to be large enough, bearing in mind most people try to store bits, plugs, core cutters etc. ( and longer bits, a tape and a short level, in my case) with the drill. Most cases I chuck away, the only ones kept are the SDS one and the ones for the biscuit jointer (because it's fairly fragile) and the glue gun (because different glues, spare nozzles, silicon mat etc. are stored in it).

Back