A nut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escudo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello fellas,

I am thinking of adapting my Veritas twin screw vice and need to find a couple of nuts to fit the main screws. The spec of the thread per Veritas is as follows;

The main screws are metric screw threads, the specification is Tr 28 X 5 in accordance with DIN 103 (ISO 2903) with the major diameter restricted to between 27.665-27.800 mm.

Any ideas where I could get a nut from? :lol:

Thanks, Tony.

Might be worth calling these guy's a call first. I use them for all sorts of nuts and bolts, or take your vise there and try before you buy(I believe it's 10 mins down the road from you)

Thanks Jason for your guidance. I have been looking on the computer and there are lots places to make further enquiries.

Mark your right, perhaps I should start closer to home and take the screw to BB in Aylsham. It would be nice and easy if they could help. I have a small metal working lathe and feel a bit bad that I can't make my own. :oops:

I have booked a skill course at Axminster, in April to learn how to use the lathe. In the meantime hopefully I can find a solution.

Mark I see your nearby and suggest we have a pint sometime, it is always nice to meet up with fellow forum members and chew the fat.

Thanks again for guidance.

Cheers, Tony.

Sounds good, you can pop into the workshop if you are passing this way(quick search on google maps should get you here/call first to check I'm in though).

Back