6" Dewalt dado and radial arm saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackal

Wallybois Woodworking on YouTube
Reaction score
Hi all

I have an 6" Dewalt Dado set but not sure how to install it. Do I need a special arbor or is there any info online how to use one safely on my Radial Arm Saw.

Thanks

Thanks MR Doorframe, Ive bee looking a manual. The only thing is that the manual does not show how to stack the dado and if any washers or arbor is required.

Mine just fits on the radial arms spindle arbor. I have to change the clamping gear (collar/washer it maybe called) to a smaller thing as the one that the blade sits up to is to big for the cutters.

Hudson Carpentry":1kbh2w5n said:
Mine just fits on the radial arms spindle arbor. I have to change the clamping gear (collar/washer it maybe called) to a smaller thing as the one that the blade sits up to is to big for the cutters.

Hi

When you say a smaller one do you mean it's diameter is smaller or the thickness?

Thanks

jackal":3btgjpy3 said:
Hudson Carpentry":3btgjpy3 said:

Hi

When you say a smaller one do you mean it's diameter is smaller or the thickness?

Thanks

The bore is the same dia but the outer dia is smaller and the thickness is smaller.

Dewalt sell (used to sell?) a dado inner flange for the radial arm saws.

this shows the standard and dado flanges

rasflanges.JPG

I also use a slightly modified version of the dado/moulding guard - basically a

DE-3749-640x640.jpg

with the lower part removed.

Also have a read of advice-for-dado-and-groover-sets-t53675.html?hilit=dado%20flange%20dewalt as it might help where I give measurements of the dado flange. The keyway in the flange is not used on my 1251.

Sometimes these flanges are offered on Ebay (and they came as standard with the DW 8 inch dado set). I also think one was included with some of the moulding head sets that appear from time to time on Ebay (though not with the one currently on offer)

Misterfish

misterfish":39ph235e said:
Dewalt sell (used to sell?) a dado inner flange for the radial arm saws.

this shows the standard and dado flanges

rasflanges.JPG

I also use a slightly modified version of the dado/moulding guard - basically a

DE-3749-640x640.jpg

with the lower part removed.

Also have a read of advice-for-dado-and-groover-sets-t53675.html?hilit=dado%20flange%20dewalt as it might help where I give measurements of the dado flange. The keyway in the flange is not used on my 1251.

Sometimes these flanges are offered on Ebay (and they came as standard with the DW 8 inch dado set). I also think one was included with some of the moulding head sets that appear from time to time on Ebay (though not with the one currently on offer)

Misterfish

Thank you so much that is very helpful and clear for the peanut brain I am

M

Would anyone know where I can get one of the inner dado flanges so I can fit and use my Delta dado on my Elu 1251 which is the same as the Dewalt model?
Many thanks
Rickster

Back